06-05-2010 04:06 PM - edited 06-05-2010 04:07 PM
OK - I assumed you were having problems with single commands as well as Sequences, which as you say do apply only on Activities.
Having two accounts is an unusual situation - is there a reason why that is necessary for you?
06-06-2010 02:17 AM - edited 06-06-2010 05:42 AM
I think we are starting to go round in circles.
I have a Harmony One, H1a, which took 5 minutes to get working. It uses acct1 for updating.
I bought my (elderly) mother a Harmony One, H1b, hoping to simplify things for her. As the update software only supports one remote, I was told I needed to create another account, acct2, to manage it. (Seems totally ridiculous to me - why can't I just save the updates to my PC?).
H1b goes thru' the full update process from acct2 but does not relect the last change I made. Additional Activity buttons remain the same as they were before I altered them.
So I updated H1b from acct1 and it updated ok.
I then updated H1b from acct2 and it updated ok, but to the earlier version, not the one I could see when running the Harmony Remote Software 7.7.0
I've also updated H1a from acct2, and the problem persists.
06-06-2010 12:51 PM - edited 06-06-2010 12:52 PM
So, there's something wrong with account 2.
Report to Logitech support that the configuration of that account is not Updating correctly to its Harmony.
Account 1 and its Harmony need not come into it at all.
Or, if there are not many devices and activities in account 2, delete them and start from scratch.
06-06-2010 01:15 PM
It's clear that the account is not updating correctly.
I'm more interested in why it's failing, but I doubt whether Logitech will do anything more than resetting it (back to empty).
I've spent ages altering delays to make one simple operation to select an external input on a sony tv work reliably. Hardly rocket science. But because the remote update has at some point stopped working, how can I be sure when it does update?
I suppose I could label a button to a version number each time I make a change.
06-06-2010 04:51 PM
So, as well as "Additional Activity buttons remain the same as they were before I altered them" you're finding that changes you've made to Delays are not being carried over to the Harmony?
All the more reason to report it to Logitech support - there's no reason why they'd "reset" the Harmony.
06-07-2010 02:07 AM - edited 06-07-2010 02:13 AM
No, I'm not saying "Delays are not being carried over to the Harmony?". I'm saying that because delays are being changed by milliseconds, I cannot tell if the changes have actually been updated on the remote. So I might have been wasting my time for the last few weeks trying to implement a sequence of 2 commands.
06-07-2010 06:50 AM
"I'll never be sure changes I make to delays, for example, are actually finding their way onto the remote"
OK - you're not sure, rather than saying they definitely are not.
Try letting us know what the sequence is and how delays might be affecting it.
But if some things you do in the software are not getting through to the Harmony then support need to know.
06-07-2010 08:26 AM - edited 06-07-2010 08:28 AM
Right - I've called support 3 times today and they couldn't have been more helpful.
They've taken a copy of the account with the additional activity buttons problem for further investigation.
(I tried lots of tests before hand - the most bizarre was labelling additional activity buttons on page 2 to 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 and then downloading onto the remote ok and got 1,2,3,4,HDMI,5 on page 2 and 6 on page3.
Tried resetting to defaults, deleting all sequences, and downloading using web based updater, but whatever I did button number 5 on page 2 was always HDMI, a label I had used for a sequence last week.)
I'm now back were I was before trying delays to improve "enter activity" commands (inputnext, directiondown), having started again from scratch. The delays are getting down to the remote as getting to external input AV4 varies from nearly always to never.
I was advised to catch the inputnext command using "learn Raw" from the original remote. I'd tried it before but at least I now know to now persevere with it.
Another gremlin if anyone is interested. When I deleted an Activity and then recreated it again from scratch it inherited the additional keys 1,2,3,4,5,6 I was trying earlier. Looks like the space allocated to devices/activities is not being cleared when binned. I have reported it.