Logi Browser
SpeakTopMeNow

Problems switching inputs on Panasonic Viera

I have a panasonic viera TH-42PV500A and a harmony 525. Until I recently tinkered with my set up everything was working great, but now I can't get my inputs to switch from AV1, 2, 3, 4 back to HDMI.

I spoke with the support people via phone but I am still waiting on a fix. Does anyone else have any problems with these so called "discrete" codes? With the panasonic you have to push red, green, yellow or blue buttons to swap inputs. I only have one HDMI input but I can no longer make it swap with the 525.

For example the xbox is on AV2, and when I go to AV2 using the xbox activity I programmed in and then try and swap to my Use PVR activity (which needs to be on HDMI) it doesn't swap back. I have tried multiple setups and I have also reconfigured many times but the 525 just can't get back to HDMI....

Just wondering if other Viera users have sorted this out?

Thanks,
Matt
Logi Visitor
oldfossil

Re: Problems switching inputs on Panasonic Viera

SpeakTopMeNow wrote:
I have a panasonic viera TH-42PV500A and a harmony 525. Until I recently tinkered with my set up everything was working great, but now I can't get my inputs to switch from AV1, 2, 3, 4 back to HDMI.

I spoke with the support people via phone but I am still waiting on a fix. Does anyone else have any problems with these so called "discrete" codes? With the panasonic you have to push red, green, yellow or blue buttons to swap inputs. I only have one HDMI input but I can no longer make it swap with the 525.

For example the xbox is on AV2, and when I go to AV2 using the xbox activity I programmed in and then try and swap to my Use PVR activity (which needs to be on HDMI) it doesn't swap back. I have tried multiple setups and I have also reconfigured many times but the 525 just can't get back to HDMI....

Just wondering if other Viera users have sorted this out?

Thanks,
Matt

I've got a 42PV60A and a 525 and it works properly. I use all the AV inputs and both HDMI ones and they all work. Early on when I was learning about the 525, I did program its red green yellow and blue buttons to swap inputs the same as the Viera remote. Comes in handy when things occasionally stuff up.

Bob
Logi Browser
SpeakTopMeNow

Yes I've set the coloured buttons too. Helps out in a pinch.

When you look at your set up what do you have AV1 etc etc mapped to from the list of options in the pull down menu?

Cheers,
Matt
Logi Visitor
oldfossil

SpeakTopMeNow wrote:
Yes I've set the coloured buttons too. Helps out in a pinch.

When you look at your set up what do you have AV1 etc etc mapped to from the list of options in the pull down menu?

Cheers,
Matt

Which pull down menu are you referring to?

AV1 used in 'Watch Set Top Box' activity. I use this when I'm recording two programs simultaneously on the PVR and want to watch something else. (STD definition STB)
AV2 thought I was using this but am not.
AV3 used in 'Watch/record VCR'
HDMI1 'Watch TV'
HDMI2 'Watch DVD'

Bob
Logi Browser
SpeakTopMeNow

I mean in the actual config of TV under your devices panel in the Harmony software interface. I have things like Input1, VideoInput1 and AVS1 etc.

Not quite sure which ones will do the discrete pass through.

Funny thing is when I first plugged it in 12 months ago I had no probs with this, it was only when I went back in to try and add an xbox on AV4 that I had a problem, so I wonder what has changed...

Thanks,
Matt
Logi Visitor
oldfossil

SpeakTopMeNow wrote:
I mean in the actual config of TV under your devices panel in the Harmony software interface. I have things like Input1, VideoInput1 and AVS1 etc.

Not quite sure which ones will do the discrete pass through.

Funny thing is when I first plugged it in 12 months ago I had no probs with this, it was only when I went back in to try and add an xbox on AV4 that I had a problem, so I wonder what has changed...

Thanks,
Matt

If I go into devices, then TV, I get 'Device Options' with a list with 11 radio buttons to select things like Adjust inputs, Adjust power settings etc. None of them appear to list inputs?

Bob
Logi Browser
SpeakTopMeNow

It's under "Advanced Options" or "Adjust Inputs" I believe...

Then you get to set things from that drop down menu.

Matt
Logi Visitor
oldfossil

SpeakTopMeNow wrote:
It's under "Advanced Options" or "Adjust Inputs" I believe...

Then you get to set things from that drop down menu.

Matt

I think it's 'Advanced setup for this device' in Device Options. The fifth screen in this option shows four different methods of changing the inputs. Mine is set on the fourth method. Yours should be also.

The sixth screen lists all the source inputs and allows editing and adding of inputs. It lists the correct inputs for the Viera TV.

Bob
Logi Browser
SpeakTopMeNow

Great thanks, now I'm getting somewhere - mine was set to 2.

Can I ask what you have selected where is says in the drop down
Remote Button Displays Source Inputs Menu
and
Remote Button Confirms the source input

This is where it gets odd, because you can press red, blue, green or yellow to display the source input and confirm the source input, so not sure what to put here as it is several buttons that can do these things.

I wish I could post a screen snap of mine - I don't know what AV1S etc are even for...

These are what it shows as options and how I have them set:
Tuner (inputtuner)
AV1 (input video1)
AV1S (setAV1input AV1S)
AV2 (input video2)
AV2C (SetAV2input AV2C)
AV3 (input video3)
AV3S (setAV3input AV3S)
AV4 (input video4)
AV4C (SetAV4input AV4C)
PC (input pc)
HDMI (input HDMI1)
Logi Visitor
oldfossil

SpeakTopMeNow wrote:
Great thanks, now I'm getting somewhere - mine was set to 2.

Can I ask what you have selected where is says in the drop down
Remote Button Displays Source Inputs Menu
and
Remote Button Confirms the source input

This is where it gets odd, because you can press red, blue, green or yellow to display the source input and confirm the source input, so not sure what to put here as it is several buttons that can do these things.

I wish I could post a screen snap of mine - I don't know what AV1S etc are even for...

These are what it shows as options and how I have them set:
Tuner (inputtuner)
AV1 (input video1)
AV1S (setAV1input AV1S)
AV2 (input video2)
AV2C (SetAV2input AV2C)
AV3 (input video3)
AV3S (setAV3input AV3S)
AV4 (input video4)
AV4C (SetAV4input AV4C)
PC (input pc)
HDMI (input HDMI1)

The 'S' refers to S Video and the 'C' to Component I think. On the 42PV60A you've only got S Video on AV1 as far as I can see. I don't think you can use it in conjunction with another input (AV2/3)but I could be wrong.
Does your Viera have an S Video socket on AV3 as well? Haven't you got two HDMI inputs? I haven't set any of those inputs. This screen shows that my source inputs are 'SetINPUTMODE AV' except for the TV which is 'SetINPUTMODE TV'. As far as I can recall I've never touched this screen and when I try to go to the next screen (whatever that may be)I get a message telling me 'The information entered is not complete'. The fact That I've never set anything in this screen doesn't seem to affect the operation of my 525.????
Email me (bobhutton@internode.on.net) and I can send you some screen shots of the logitech screens.

Bob