Logi Nu
Apocalyptic0n3

Problems with the 520

I am trying to set up my brand new Harmony 520 remote.  I am having really bad problems.  I'll just list them

-My main computer, a late 2007 MacBook running 10.5.7, won't connect to the remote.  It hangs on the "Connect Remote to USB or hit any button to wake from sleep".  It connected fine to another computer running Vista, however

-I tried setting up my 3 devices, the MacBook, a Sylvania TV/DVD combo, and an Xbox 360.  The only device that will show up int he remote is the TV. The MacBook and Xbox devices and activities are no where to be found

-It says I need to replace my batteries despite replacing it three times with fully charged rechargeable AAA batteries

Anyone know why any of the above are happening and how to fix them?

Another quick question, would it be possible to havethe remote open an app (in this case, Boxee) on my MacBook?

Thanks for any help. :smileyhappy:

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: Problems with the 520

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As what types of Device have you set these up?

Do they show up on the Devices tab in the Harmony software?

What Activities have you set up that include them?

And do they also show normally on their tab?

Logi Nu
Apocalyptic0n3

hhatkin wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As what types of Device have you set these up?

Do they show up on the Devices tab in the Harmony software?

What Activities have you set up that include them?

And do they also show normally on their tab?

I've set them up as a TV, a Video Game Console (With DVD), and a Computer Laptop.  

They do show up in the devices tab

I've set up activities to turn on my TV and go to a specific channel, one to turn on the TV and turn FrontRow on in the MacBook (Hoping to replace the FrontRow with Boxee), and one to turn on the Xbox 360 and play the disc in the drive

They do show up in the activities tab

Logi Nu
Apocalyptic0n3

I managed to fix the problems with nothing but the TV showing up. Still cannot use my Mac.  I can change things in an already set up profile but I cannot create a profile nor update my remote.

Any idea on how to set up the remote so it opens an application on my Mac?

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

If you can do this with a series of commands you can include those as Additional When Activity Starts.
Logi Nu
Apocalyptic0n3

hhatkin wrote:
If you can do this with a series of commands you can include those as Additional When Activity Starts.

I guess I will have to play around with it.  Is there any fix for not being able to sync my remote with my MacBook?

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

That's to use the Harmony software with a Mac computer?

I've no experience with Macs but a Search of the forum should find some references.

Message Edited by hhatkin on 07-27-2009 02:18 PM