Logi Visitor
varunaX
Accepted Solution

Roomba 'Dock' button

Hi, i am trying to get my Roomba to return to its home base via my 890, but i have not been able to find a Roomba device profile with a 'Dock' button.   Has anyone with a roomba been able to do this with their remote or can anyone let me know of a specific roomba model that i can add to my devices that has a 'Dock' button.   thanks alot
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Roomba 'Dock' button

what is the actual Roomba model that you have?

if memory serves me, only certain older Roomba's are IR controlled and most of the newer ones are RF controlled.  like most ceiling fans, the RF is proprietary RF and not controllable by the harmony.  I'm just trying to save you some potential hassle and verify that your model is in fact controllable by IR

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
DaneHarmony

Hello & welcome to the forums.

If you verified WA's suggestion about making sure the Roomba is IR first, then I would suggest trying some of the other commands in 'Device' mode.  It seems that iRobot doesn't use the same code for every Roomba model.  

If none of the default work (such a Spot), then either let us know, or send an email to support asking to to copy a 'Dock' learned command from other users into your Roomba Model in your account. You need to make sure it's added to your account first :smileywink:

DaneHarmony

Logi Visitor
varunaX

thanks for your prompt replies. i have a roomba 4150 device setup on my account and it does indeed respond to all the IR commands in the the device mode. that said, can you explain more what you mean by getting the 'dock' command sent to my account? thanks
MarkDU

[ Edited ]

Hi varunaX

You mentioned that you need the 'Dock' command for your Roomba but it is not available on the Harmony. The entire Harmony database of commands is quite large. In some cases the missing command can be found from a different model of that device. Or sometimes the command is "learned" from an original remote.

You can contact Technical Support and have them search the database for this command and (hopefully:smileyhappy:) find and copy it into your Roomba profile. Click the 'Support' link at the top of this page. Hopefully they will be able to find this for you.

Regards,

Mark

Message Edited by MarkDU on 01-29-2009 02:56 AM
Logi Visitor
varunaX

great thanks. ill send them an email now and reply here if they were able to help me. ps. when did the phone support become first 60 days only?
Logi Nu
p010ne

I also have a 4150; however, the manual indicates that the "dock" command is available with the schecduling remote (and scheduling fences)! I only have the basic fences (two)? My 4150 will dock if I simultaneously depress the spot and clean when it is within 5' of the dock as the manual states!

The Logitech 720 seems to have all the other necessary commands!

Eighter from Decatur, County Seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas)
Logi Visitor
varunaX

i emailed support 5 days ago and they have yet to reply. maybe if your account is oess than 60 days , you could call them and ask them to copy the dock command to your account and let me know? thx
MarkDU

[ Edited ]

Hi varunaX,

Sorry to hear that Technical Support has not contacted you back. I am surprised that it has been so long without a reply, as they usually are much quicker. It appears they may be experiencing a high volume of email support requests right now and I extend my apologies to you. I will forward a request to them to reply back as soon as possible. I trust they will hopefully find this command for you.

Regards,

Mark

Message Edited by MarkDU on 02-01-2009 08:58 PM
Logi Visitor
varunaX

thanks mark. i appreciate you doing that for me.