Logi Browser
ghamilton
Accepted Solution

Samsung TV Input, no button for discrete access

I have a Samsung LN-3241D.  I'm trying to use method 2 to have discrete access to my inputs.  This works great except there's no discrete button for the "TV" input.  A phone support agent suggested altering the activities that use the "TV" input to have them go to the last input on the television, and then add a sequence to go to the next input (being the "TV" input).  It sounded like a great idea, but the last input on the TV is HDMI, which isn't accessible unless the device connected to it is powered on.  The same is true for all of the inputs on the television, none are acitve unless the device connected to it is powered on.  Is there a code or a way to get direct access to the "TV" input?

Thanks,

Greg

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Samsung TV Input, no button for discrete access

try the 'previous channel' command, channel up/down, or something similar...often those work

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
ghamilton

Do you mean that the previous channel, and channel up/down commands on the harmony remote might actually contain the code for the "TV" input?  I noticed from your reply that you have samsung TVs.  Have you had this problem as well?
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Hi greg and welcome.

Many TVs will respond to a press of a number key by automatically setting TV mode and that channel number.

Logi Browser
ghamilton

My Samsung will say something like "not available in this mode" when you try to hit the number or channel key from an input other than the "TV" input.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

I don't use the 'tv' input...I watch all my TV via my HD DVR cable box...which is connected (via the receiver) by HDMI cable.  and yes, some tv's will respond to previous channel, up/down channel and/or channel numbers as an indication to jump to that input...if that doesn't work, you'll have to use a workaround by going to the input before 'tv' and then adding a 'nextinput' command to scroll forward one to the 'tv' input

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
ghamilton

The previous channel and up/down buttons don't do the trick on my samsung.  I have a friend with a newer samsung tv, and it works for him.  Do you think it would be possible to have my harmony 'learn' the channel up code from his samsung remote?  Just a thought.  I'm not sure if it's his tv that's responding differently, or his remote that's sending a different code.

Thanks again,

Greg

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

1. you could add your friends tv model number to your setup and try the channel up command yourself from the remotes device mode for his tv.

2. if you look at the front of your manual, your tv likely is from a line of similar tvs that vary only in size...so if you have the LN46A850, you could try the LN52A850 and see if that profile has a command that would work.  check your manual to see if you have a listing of exact model numbers to try.  if you find one that works, let logitech know so they can add it to your tv's profile

Logi Browser
ghamilton

If I add his tv model to my device and the button works, can I take that one code and add it to the codes from my tv's remote?  I really appreciate all of your ideas and help!
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

unless you have another learning remote, you yourself won't be able to, but logitech will be able to do it for you