Logi Nu
mvparsons1

Samsung TV turning on in analog mode instead of last channel watched or DTV

I have a Harmony 550 and a Samsung Plasma FP-T5084. When I push the Watch TV button the correct devices turn on. The TV turns on but tunes to an Analog channel. How do I get the TV to turn on with the last channel watched? My original TV remote does not have a button for DTV/Analog. There is no seperate input for analog and digital. I can just enter the channel number and it will switch automatically to digital or analog based on the channel.

Everything else works like it is supposed to.
Logi Browser
Clicker

Re: Samsung TV turning on in analog mode instead of last channel watched or DTV

[ Edited ]
Do you get your TV signals from an antenna, cable box or satellite box? This information may help solve the issue.

I have a Harmony 550, a Samsung LCD TV, and a cable box. I had to program the cable box to come on to the last channel watched. The Harmony remote is simply powering on my TV and cable box, and setting the TV's input to "Component 1", which in my case is where my cable box is connected to the TV.

If the above is not helpful, try this thread:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=programming&thread.id=9192

Message Edited by Clicker on 02-22-2008 11:38 PM
My Stuff: Samsung LN-T4661F TV, Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC, Onkyo TX-SR601, Philips DVP-642 DVD, Magnavox VR601-BM623 VCR, Technics SL-PD9 CD Player, Roomba 535, Harmony 550
Logi Nu
mvparsons1

I have my over the air signals comming directly into the TV. I have my satellite comming into HDMI 2, DVD and XBox 360 into the componant inputs. I also have the Harmony 550.

When I select Watch TV, it goes right to an analog channel. All I need to do is hit channel up or down and I am back on digital. I tried to add a command to the Watch TV activity to turn to a specific channel but the Remote Software will not let me enter a digital channel. It will not let me enter a dash or a decimal. It gives me an error saying it needs to be a valid number.

It is not that big of an issue currently, but once analog signals are shut down in 2009 it will be an issue.
Logi Browser
Clicker

In another post in these forums, sorry I can't remember where, someone suggested using the learning function to teach the * button on the Harmony remote to replicate the "-" or "." command in order to enter digital channels that contain either of those characters.
My Stuff: Samsung LN-T4661F TV, Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC, Onkyo TX-SR601, Philips DVP-642 DVD, Magnavox VR601-BM623 VCR, Technics SL-PD9 CD Player, Roomba 535, Harmony 550
Logi Nu
mvparsons1

I have done that, that works fine. Its when you try to program a command into an activity using the software. It wont let you use a dash or a period.
Logi Browser
Clicker

I don't suppose having the TV select your HDMI2 input, and having your satellite set to the channel you want will help.

If the link I suggested about 4 posts up (sorry you'll have to copy and paste it into your browser - I can't seem to create hypertext in these posts) doesn't solve the problem, I'm out of ideas. Wish a more knowledgeable person would chime in. Otherwise, you may have to try technical support. Sorry.
Logi Nu
mvparsons1

The thread you referanced does not work. My original remote does not have a button to switch between analog and Digital. The TV does not have seperate inputs for each. I cannot switch from Analog to digital and vice versa. Another words, when my TV auto programs it selects all the analog and digital channels and you just sequence thru them. For instance, when I push channel up, I would go channle 2 (analog), channel 2-1, Channel 2-2, Channel 5 (analog), channel 5.1, channel 5.2 etc.

When the watch TV activity is selected it automatically switches to analog.

It sounds like a bug in the programming. Hopefully it is something that will be fixed in updates.