Logi Browser
oldlibmike

Sharp Aquos LC-32G4U Input selection not working

Hi All,
I wish I had read more here before buying the Harmony One - I would have passed!
I am using a Sharp LC-32G4U set and have read all the messages here but am still having no luck with selecting inputs. For all the money this thing costs, its a shame!

I have the usual Inputs for Sharp - TV, Input1 through Input5, InputPC and InputCard.
I have tried to use method 2 for input selection with discrete input commands such as Input1, Input2 etc.

Unfortunately, none of the discrete input commands do anything on my tv - also, when I select the TV device and press the soft keys for Input1 or Input4, nothing happens.

Anyone have any advice? I do normally use the satellite tuner for channel changes and the TV for the rest - is that a factor?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-32G4U Input selection not working

[ Edited ]

oldlibmike wrote:....when I select the TV device and press the soft keys for Input1 or Input4, nothing happens.

What happens when you press the keys for Inputs2-4,PC,Card - nothing?
If it's total nothing delete the TV device and set it up again as "Add a device".
For the LC-32G4U you will be asked to check the inputs that you use.
If it still doesn't work, go to troubleshooting and call or e-mail Logi.

Have you set up a "Watch TV" activity that uses just the TV and the satellite receiver?

Message Edited by hhatkin on 03-30-2008 08:31 AM
Logi Browser
oldlibmike

Hi, Thanks for replying.
Here is an update:
The discrete keys Input1 through Input6 do nothing after I readded the TV to the devices and recreated the activities.

However, using the "cycling" method, I can now switch between the HDMI input (Input4) and the DVI input (Input6) OK after programming and running through the help screens once.

Unfortunately, Component 1 (Input1) does not work at all with any method. I have a Wii on the first Component input and I cannot get the remote to go to component1. If I run help, the Wii gets connected but both of the other activities then go to the wrong input.

Normally the attempt to go to Input1, gets "stuck" on the Card input for the Sharp. This is an older TV and I don't think it is all that well supported.

I will try emailing Logitech with specifics but if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate them.
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]
Some more questions:
What Activities do you have and which Devices does each one use?
Do you have discrete input keys on the original remote? If so you could try learning them to the Harmony.
Did you get the option I mentioned to check inputs when you set up the TV again? If so were they exactly correct?
Have you tried altering the power settings for the TV?

Message Edited by hhatkin on 03-31-2008 11:24 AM
Logi Browser
oldlibmike

Thanks for your continued help!
I have 3 activities set up:
1 is watch tv and turns on my sat receiver, tv and sets the input to the HDMI input which is INPUT4.
At first it "misses" but one cycle through help fixes that.

2 is use apple mini - a generic activity. It turns off the sat tuner, sets the input to DVI (Input6) which is used for my mac mini. Again, misses once but one help cycle fixes it.

If I stay at these 2 activities, all works fine.

I added a 3rd activity - play wii which is supposed to simply go to the component 1 input (Input1). This is the one that simply will not work. I think it is trying to "cycle" its way there with the current method. It cycles from the DVI input down as far as Card input and sticks there. If I use help to set the right input, the other 2 activities stop working - they go to the wrong input.

If I go to the TV Device on the remote and try the input1, input2 buttons, they do nothing. The InputPC works as does the InputAntennaA or InputAntennaB.

I'm not sure what changing the power options would do. I have experimented with the various methods of setting inputs but with the discrete buttons doing nothing, I think I am stuck with the 'cycling' method (method 2 I think).

I'll keep experimenting and I'll try putting in a service request but as things stand, I can't use the 3rd activity.
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

oldlibmike wrote:If I use help to set the right input, the other 2 activities stop working - they go to the wrong input.

Using the help button in one activity shouldn't affect the other activities.
You said the other two go to the wrong output anyway and need the help; do you mean they go even more wrong if you've used the help in the third?
Did you get the option I mentioned to check inputs when you set up the TV again? If so were they exactly correct?
Method 2 is for discrete inputs.
Logi Guru
jdbower

If you have issues with going from the correct input of one Activity to going to the correct input on another Activity you may have a missing input on your TV. Troubleshoot the TV and adjust the inputs to make sure they match your TV's setup.

Are you a WannabeFAQreader?
Logi Browser
oldlibmike

Just an update - after a long call to support both level 1 and level 2, Logitech was able to get my inputs working. The only concern I have is that they used internal tools that we don't have access to ourselves. The solution works properly for the connected inputs I have now. If I connect an additional component device or anything else, I will have to call support again to get the solution modified since the solution required making modifications to the "cycling" method due to the oddities of my TV (early model Sharp).

I would like an "advanced" method of programming activities made available to end-users either in a supported fashion from Logitech or even a "hack" if there are third party solutions. The remote is just a USB device so it should be possible to program it directly!

At any rate, they were quite helpful on the phone and do have access to lower-level tools to assist.
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]
If you check the current setup of the inputs as we've suggested, you should be able to work out for yourself what changes you will need to make when you add another device.
The "programming" isn't done in your computer - the USB is just the way of linking the remote to the Logi base.

Message Edited by hhatkin on 04-03-2008 07:05 AM
Logi Browser
oldlibmike

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have checked/rechecked/re-rechecked and spent hours with support on the phone. Trust me, the inputs are what they are.

Unfortunately without lower level tools I won't be able to program all of my activities. Some more details - The Activity "Play Wii" has to use the Input1 of my Sharp TV.

Problem - When I'm on Input4 (from the watch tv activity) or input5 (from the use PC activity) there is NO WAY to get to the Input1. The only Discrete inputs that work on this tv are InputAntennaA, InputAntennaB, InputPC and InputCard - Input1 through Input5 do nothing. Therefore for Inputs 1 through 5 I have to use a cycling method. When the remote tries to cycle it gets stuck on InputCard - everytime.

If I use help to get to Input1, the TV and PC no longer go to Inputs 4 and 5.

Here is what Logitech support did:
For the Play Wii activity they "hacked" the activity logic to do a InputAntennaB followed by 2 InputNexts. This pops to the top of the input list - the first inputnext brings up the input menu - the second inputnext advances to Input1 - voila - case solved....except, I cannot do this myself! When creating an activity I have to state what input to use - there is no way for me to insert my own sequences in the activity startup.

They did a similar thing for the Watch TV activity. My Input list "skips" over inputs that are not connected so for Input4, it is InputAntennaB followed by 3 InputNexts. If I connect something to Input2, I will need 4 InputNexts to get there and there is NO WAY I can do this in the activity. Activities do not allow the insertion of sequences when setting them up.

Again, I'm very grateful that they spent the time to get my remote working - I just wish I had access to the same tools they do. At least things are working for now!