02-21-2009 02:10 PM
Trying to add a Comcast Motorola DVR cable box to my Harmony 890, and when updating the remove, I get:
"The device PVR is missing the command 'SendInfrared PVR_-_Press' "
And I can't continue with the update until I correct that.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-21-2009 08:34 PM - edited 02-21-2009 08:35 PM
Sorry to hear that this error is preventing the update. The most common cause of this issue is setting up favorite channels using the dash (-) command e.g. 25-234, when this dash (-) does not exist in your PVR's set of commands. To resolve this issue, you will need to learn this command from your original remote. Please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account using the Logitech Harmony Remote Software.
2. Connect your Harmony remote to the USB cable.
3. Click on the "Devices" tab, then beside your PVR, click on "Learn IR".
4. The next page contains a list of commands you may have on the original remote. Scroll to the very bottom of the page until you see a smaller box with the heading "Learn a New Command". Highlight the text "MyNewCommand" and type a dash (-), then click "Learn New Command."
5. The learning page has a diagram at the top. Your original remote pointing at the bottom end of the Harmony Remote from about 2-5 inches away. Follow the instructions on the screen. Just press and let go of the button on the original remote (while pointing it at the bottom of your Harmony). You will see "Key Detected" once the IR has been captured.
6. Click 'Done' at the bottom of the page.
Now that you have learned the dash (-) command, it will no longer be "missing" from your PVR. You will now be able to update your remote without encountering that error message.