Logi Browser
Dragonfly

WD TV HD Media player set up

It wasn't obvious to me what device type to choose for this unit. Finally found it here:

Device: Media Center PC
Manufacturer: Western Digital
Model: WD TV HD Media Player

Hope this is helpful to others.

Logi Nu
seniorgeek

Re: WD TV HD Media player set up

Thanks, I could not initially find the device.
Logi Nu
grum

Thanks.

That saved me a lot of searching.

Logi Nu
Lazrat

Thanks was having problems finding that great job
Logi Visitor
Chazar2

Re: WD TV HD Media player set up - Activity?

[ Edited ]

Which Activity Type do you use for the WD TV?

"Watch TV" - MediaCenter seems to ask a lot of weird questions, and "Watch Video" does not allow the WD TV.

I do not have unwrapped my "WD TV Live" yet, but my wife told me that it has arrived by mail already, while I am currently away on a business trip. Anticipations builds up and having some spare time at hand, I tried to set it up via the Web-Interface and got confused.

:smileyhappy:

Chazar happily uses a Harmony 885 to control an Onkyo TX-SR607 AVR, Sony TV & BD, Busch-Jaeger Light and a WD TV Live.
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

Stay with the TV-MC Activity, and let us know what the weird questions are so we can try to work them out.

Logi Visitor
Chazar2

Well, there are many "Watch TV" subcategories, such as "Watch TV (PVR)" and I did not want to check them all out, since "Cancel" still leaves an Acitvity to be manually deleted. Really awkward.

Anyway, here are things that are unclear to me:

1. To Watch TV, which device do you use to change channels? - There are no "channels" for watching a movie via the WD TV (MediaCenter), but I guess the best answer is still the "WD TV", right?
  2. To Watch TV, which device do you use to display video? - Here, I initially also answered the default "WD TV", but now I realize that my TV is right choice, since the keyword here is "display". I initially understood this was "which device to play video", so the result made no sense, since the WD TV is just a set-top box which has no screen of its own.

After I got those two right, the rest seemed sensible then.

Chazar happily uses a Harmony 885 to control an Onkyo TX-SR607 AVR, Sony TV & BD, Busch-Jaeger Light and a WD TV Live.
Logi Visitor
Chazar2

Ok, there is still one confusing thing: Input Sources?

According to the Harmony Database, the WD TV Live has the following input sources, namely:

1. Music
  2. Video
  3. Photo
  4. Settings

Of course, this corresponds to the four actions in the WD TV's main menu.

However, I fail to see what the Harmony achieves with this knowledge: There is no IR-command that allows it to directly jump into one of the above four (which would be quite nice). The advanced settings show that the sequence for changing channels would be "home"+"down"+"enter", which is right, but I wonder how to trigger this, apart from setting up different activities for each of these, which seems to be a bit excessive, just to send that single sequence.

Logi Nu
ken4444

I've been using my Harmony 510 for almost a year and it generally works well. I added the WD TV HD Media player and ran into a problem. For some reason I can't control the volume on the AV receiver when trying to control the WD TV HD Media player.  Everything turns on, and everything is set to the correct inputs (TV, Receiver), but there is no controlling the volume. I also can't seem to control the WD TV HD Media player either. I tried trashing the device and re-adding it but this did not help.  Has anyone run into this problem?

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 505
Solutions: 152

For the first problem at 

Activities>Your Activity>Customize Button>Ensure the correct device is allocated to the correct command.

For the 2nd Have you run the Trouble Shooter for the device?

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner