Logi Browser
tsilveira

changing device order?

hello,

i have the harmony for xbox 360.  every time i update this thing, the device order seems to change on the small LCD.  is there anyway to change the order that these devices are displayed?

thanks

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Re: changing device order?

The order that devices are in cannot be changed as all control is meant to be done from within Activities.

What are your requirements and maybe we can show you a different way.

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Browser
tsilveira

thanks towboy.  

i dont even use activities on my remote, i simply use devices.  i have two pages of devices and i'd like to move the ones i use most often to page 1.

it would be great to be able to drag and drop devices into a different order.  if it's not available now, how do we let logitech know we'd like this software feature?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Since all Harmony remotes are designed to be used with Activities, you will never see that feature added.

Logi Browser
myndex

rhachey wrote:

Since all Harmony remotes are designed to be used with Activities, you will never see that feature added.

.... because logitech doesn't care about what customers want...

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

If customers don't want the big advantage that Activities provide then they have plenty of choices of other brands to go for.

The Harmony Smart State Technology that runs Activities is what Logitech remotes are all about, so they'd be pretty stupid to make it easier not to use them.

Logi Browser
tsilveira

if logitech doesn't want customer to use devices, they shouldn't put that on their remote...

this isn't about having customers not use activities, it's about adding more options, which, only makes the remote that much more attractive to perspective buyers 

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

The designers of the Corvette didn't intend for you take off road nor are there any provisions for it.  Chevy did however design other cars.

All but the 300 are designed to be operated from within Activities.  Logitech has created a remote for you, the 300 and it operates just as you'd like.  When you by all the others you are paying extra for the Activities they provide.

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

tsilveira wrote:

if logitech doesn't want customer to use devices, they shouldn't put that on their remote...

It's not about what Logitech want - the point is that the devices are not meant to be used for controlling.

They're on the remote so that in the initial stages you can test a command before you include it in an Activity.