Logi Browser
dirt01
Accepted Solution

dish network VIP-222

I have a Harmony 610 remote.  I just set it up to control my Phillips TV, Phillips DVD and surround system, and Dish VIP-222K reciever.  The watch TV function works correctly turning everything on and off and the watch DVD works correctly changing inputs, etc....  The volume control works correctly, but I can't access any other functions of my Dish reciever.  I can't change channels, use the guide or menu, etc...  I have tried to learn the remote and after the power button, channel up, and number one,  the harmony says it is using the correct codes.  I still can't use my remote to do any of the above mentioned operations.  The reciever is a dual tuner, but the remote for the tuner in the living room is IR and that is the one I am trying to control.  I would appreciate any help.
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: dish network VIP-222

Hi and welcome.

As the Harmony database does not include your receiver, what alternative have you selected?

Logi Browser
dirt01

I guess I am confused because I checked compatibility on the logitech site before I went and bought the remote.  The test drive feature on the website says the DISH VIP-222 is in the database.  Should I call the customer support line during regular buisness hours?  I set up the device with the disc and told it what equipment I had and what equipment should be on if I was viewing a movie or watching tv.  I ran the support from the website numerous times and it said I had the right setup.  When I would use the learn feature it would recognize all three of the buttons used and then would say I had the best code already in the device, but it will not do anything except turn the device on when I use the watch tv mode button.  When I press the device button and select satelite the remote will not control any part of the dish reciever.

Logi Browser
dirt01

I just went back to the website and checked the compatibility of the VIP-222 and it said again the reciever was in the database, but I ran a search for my remote and it did not turn up as an active remoteI bought the remote at WAL-MART and am now concerned that the unit is old or that I need to take it back and buy a new Harmony from a store that sells the latest units.
Logi Guru
listener

Hi,

cannot help you with the dish problem, but be assured that the 610 is one of the newest models. It uses the same hardware inside as the 510, but has a different outfit.

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
MarkDU

[ Edited ]

Hi dirt01,

The Dish Network box can be set to 1 of 16 unique adresses. Each address represents a different set of codes. By default, the Harmony will be using the codes for address 1. The solution to this issue is that you may need to change your Dish box to address 1.

I found the user manual for your box online, please see page 2 to change the remote address to 1.

CHANGING THE REMOTE ADDRESS

The Harmony should now be controlling your box properly.

Regards,

Mark

Message Edited by MarkDU on 02-23-2009 08:08 AM
Logi Browser
dirt01

Thanks Mark

I am going to try this as soon as I get home from the office tonight.  I appreciate you letting me know that the remote is a new model.  I will post after I try the fix as to wether it fixed the problem or not.

Thanks

Jerry

Logi Browser
dirt01

Thank you again Mark

I reset the remote to #1 and my Harmony remote works perfect.  I am wondering why I didn't buy one before.  The Harmony remote is perfect for my wife and kids to switch between watching movies and tv.  They all of the time before couldn't figure how to change everything on all of the different components and would call me while I was on the road trying to get me to walk them through it.  They only have to push the very self explanatory button the says watch tv or watch movie.  I probably will become the best Harmony salesman on the planet now.

Thanks

Jerry

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
MarkDU

[ Edited ]

Hello again dirt01

Glad to hear everything is working now! Since first visiting the forums myself I have seen just how helpful this online community can be. I hope you enjoy your remote for years to come.  :smileyhappy:

Happy to assist. Any if you ever have any other questions, I'm sure you will know where to look:smileywink:

Regards,

Mark

Message Edited by MarkDU on 02-23-2009 10:10 PM
Logi Nu
cko1

I had the same problem as this tread described, I changed my sat. box to address 1 and on/off switch works but nothing else. I can not change channel, can not call up the programming page, can not do anything except turn on/off the sat. box.

The exact model number on my box is VIP-222K not VIP-222 as in the device database, I don't know if this caused my problem. My box is running i dual mode.

Any help will be great appreciated.

~ Charles, Novi, MI, USA