05-14-2009 10:23 AM
05-14-2009 01:09 PM
Thanks. I had an older model so tried loggin in to internet account already existing with previous set up. I get tot file download bit and then it tries to update the remote but only gets as far as 98% with the error adding text to an xml doc must not be null
Any idea what to do there?
05-15-2009 09:44 AM
I have now got the remote setup using the software rather than the web interface.
I solved the null error re xml by follwing advice from abnother thread I found -
make sure you upgrade your Harmony Software to 7.5.0. This is a must under these steps.
2. Once it has installed, please ensure it is not running on your computer. Usually you can quit by right-clicking the Harmony (H) in the system tray and choosing Exit. (System Tray is the small icons located by the date & clock)
3. Please navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\Logitech\Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7\lib
4. Copy your "clientcommon.jar" to a safe folder, or copy it to a new file "copy of clientcommon.jar"
5. Download the clientcommon.jar file from the location:
and save it into the C:\Program Files\Logitech\Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7\lib folder.
6. Please try to do a Remote Update. If it works we assume this fixed the remote issue.
7. Verification: You can copy back the original client common and try to do a remote update.
If the subsequent update works you should be able to continue to update the remote in the future.
I missed out step 7 and am sticking wiht the new.jar file I downloaded.