Logi Browser
aloneifly

reset harmony 785

I have just purchased a second hand 785 and want to reset it to factory settings to clear previous owner activitis.

Can someone please advise how to do that thanks

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: reset harmony 785

no need to.  create your own account, and that account starts from scratch.  when you update it with your account, it will completely overwrite whatever is on the remote now

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
aloneifly

Thanks. I had an older model so tried loggin in to internet account already existing with previous set up. I get tot file download bit and then it tries to update the remote but only gets as far as 98% with the error adding text to an xml doc must not be null

Any idea what to do there?

Thanks

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Before you update your new remote with your old settings, did you do Replace Remote first?  I assume that your old settings were for a differant model remote.
Logi Browser
aloneifly

Thanks I will have another look at this.

Logi Browser
aloneifly

Re: reset harmony 785 and null error

I have now got the remote setup using the software rather than the web interface.

I solved the null error re xml by follwing advice from abnother thread I found -

make sure you upgrade your Harmony Software to 7.5.0. This is a must under these steps.
2. Once it has installed, please ensure it is not running on your computer. Usually you can quit by right-clicking the Harmony (H) in the system tray and choosing Exit. (System Tray is the small icons located by the date & clock)
3. Please navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\Logitech\Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7\lib
4. Copy your "clientcommon.jar" to a safe folder, or copy it to a new file "copy of clientcommon.jar"
5. Download the clientcommon.jar file from the location:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/sandvwebb/files/clientcommon.jar
and save it into the C:\Program Files\Logitech\Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7\lib folder.
6. Please try to do a Remote Update. If it works we assume this fixed the remote issue.
7. Verification: You can copy back the original client common and try to do a remote update.
If the subsequent update works you should be able to continue to update the remote in the future.

I missed out step 7 and am sticking wiht the new.jar file I downloaded.

Thanks

Ronnie