Logi Browser
shrike4242

Logitech 880 Remote - Update from FW 4.0 to FW 4.0.13 seems to fail.

I've been trying to run a FW update on my 9-month old Harmony 880 remote. I've updated the SW on my Windows XP SP2 laptop from 7.3.2, and when I run a FW update, the Harmony SW sees that there's an update to the remote, to 4.0.13. I run the update, which seems to work OK, though when I run through the process a second time, it still seems to think that there's an update needed, to 4.0.13. It never seems to complete the update, as the remote always needs the FW update to 4.0.13. Not sure where to go from here, though I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. The FW update issue for me occurred with SW 7.3 and 7.3.2.
Logi Visitor
alisterja

Re: Logitech 880 Remote - Update from FW 4.0 to FW 4.0.13 seems to fail.

Hi Shrike4242

Well unable to upgrade the firmware, make sure all your security settings have been turned off. Then try upgrading the firmware in safe mode as below;

1. Ensure the Remote is in "Safe Mode Requested" by taking out the batteries, and disconnecting the remote from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the off button and plug the remote into the USB.
3. Continue holding down the off button for another 10 seconds. The remote should then display the words "Safe Mode Requested".
4. With the unit in "Safe Mode Requested", re-install the firmware by clicking Support on your home page.
5. Click Firmware in the Download section and follow the online instructions to upgrade the firmware.
6. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click Update My Remote.
7. Insert new batteries into the remote.

NOTE: Ensure the new batteries are all the same brand

Logi Browser
shrike4242

I'll give that a try, though I don't know how I'm supposed to remove the battery pack in my 880, as it's a built-in rechargeable battery.  I'll see if I can get it into Safe Mode for the firmware with the steps above.
Logi Browser
shrike4242

No luck. Ran through the Safe Mode setup and it still reports FW 4.0, not 4.0.13.
Logi Browser
insane4

Hi. I'm having the same problem.  Keeps trying to update to 4.0.13, but never actually does.  The remote even shows "Updating" then "Update Successful!", but no such luck.

I was hoping this update would fix the issue where sequence buttons appear at the end of the list instead of their respective location...

Anyone from Logitech help w/ this update issue?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bluja000

If you are trying to change the location of your 'sequence' commands, then you may want to remove all the previous commands from your software. Then just re-add the sequence commands, and update the remote. More than likely, the commands that were already setup just need to be removed, because they tend to have 'priority' over sequences. You can always create sequences to 'mimic' any of the regular commands, if you'd like to keep any of them.
Logi Browser
insane4

bluja000 wrote:
If you are trying to change the location of your 'sequence' commands, then you may want to remove all the previous commands from your software. Then just re-add the sequence commands, and update the remote. More than likely, the commands that were already setup just need to be removed, because they tend to have 'priority' over sequences. You can always create sequences to 'mimic' any of the regular commands, if you'd like to keep any of them.

I tried removing everything and re-creating them, but that didn't fix it.  I even set a "normal" one that is on top to a sequence, then re-sync'd.  It moved to the end of the list on screen.  When I set it back to a "normal" command, it popped right back up where it should have been.

Note, that the locations where the buttons "should" be is BLANK.  I can take pictures if that helps.

I could try creating sequences for all of the buttons, but that seems both counterintuitive and a weak fix for a bug.

Any info on the update issue as well?
Logi Browser
shrike4242

I'm not trying to make any changes to my remote, I'm merely trying to run the FW update that the Harmony SW says is needed. I can't see how any command sequences would prevent the remote from being FW updates, though I'll go through the steps if you think this is helpful.
Logi Browser
insane4

shrike4242 wrote:
I'm not trying to make any changes to my remote, I'm merely trying to run the FW update that the Harmony SW says is needed. I can't see how any command sequences would prevent the remote from being FW updates, though I'll go through the steps if you think this is helpful.

The messed up sequences is a separate issue that I thought the firmware update may fix.  It's not related to the problem of not being able to update the firmware.  :smileysad: