Logi Nu
Al795

Multiple Harmony Remotes

I currently own a Harmony 880 and am thinking of purchasing the Harmony 550 for a new setup in another room. Does anyone know if two remotes and be installed on one computer? I am wondering if there are any software conflicts.
Logi Visitor
itchione

Re: Multiple Harmony Remotes

The client software (used to program your remote) is web based, that is,
all the data is located on logitech serviers and not on your pc.

So, if you have multiple harmony remotes, the suggestion i have been given
by support is to create a harmony login accounts for each remote.

If you are like me, you will not appreciate having any of your private details
on a central server (IR codes excluded). You will also not enjoy having to
conect to the next (and log into different accounts) just to tweek a remote.

Final comment to Logitech (are you listening?):
- hardware (H520) is reasonably good
- once programed, using remote is enjoyable
- but storing of my private data (my identity details and the equipment i own)
on a central server is in no way warrented
- requiring internet to tweek a remote is not warrented
- requiring multiple accounts for those who buy multiple remotes is an
appaling attitude
- providing local software with remote (IR code) databased lookup and remote
(IR code) upload feature is a better approach (UNLESS LOGITECH WANTS MY
PRIVATE DATA FOR OTHER COMMERCIAL REASONS)

Yeah, a little off topic but this remote has me in two minds: i like the
remote (hardware) but the programing (software) approach and the tech support
has left me with a feeling taht i will stay away from all logitech products
(yes i am serious).

Good luck.

/Itchione
Logi Rook
tgibbs

Yes, this works fine; I have two Harmony remotes in different rooms. Just set up another account with a different username for the second remote.
Logi Nu
shane1234

Any update to this question yet? I just bought an 880 to replace my 659, demoting the 659 upstairs to the bedroom. I'd really hate to have to create another account and reprogram the 880 from scratch when I already have all the settigns in an existing account. I totally agree that is **bleep** to have to register everything and provide all personal information to use this site. Each remoer should have a unique embeded serial number (I'm sure they already do) and that should be all that is needed to access the settings online, other than a password perhaps.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

shane1234 wrote:
Any update to this question yet? I just bought an 880 to replace my 659, demoting the 659 upstairs to the bedroom. I'd really hate to have to create another account and reprogram the 880 from scratch when I already have all the settigns in an existing account. I totally agree that is **bleep** to have to register everything and provide all personal information to use this site. Each remoer should have a unique embeded serial number (I'm sure they already do) and that should be all that is needed to access the settings online, other than a password perhaps.

when you get a new remote, all you need to do is plug it in and update it.  it should recognize the change in remotes and transfer as much as it can, but given the difference in physical buttons from the 659 to the 880, you may need to play with it a little bit.

then create a second account and setup your 659 for the equipment you have in your bedroom.  in the off chance that the two setups are identical, and you don't want to go through the setup of the 659 that way, then you could call logitech and have them clone your account to a new username so that you could still have an account for the 659 with your current setup.  But if the devices are different, you might as well setup the 659 for the bedroom from scratch.

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays