11-15-2008 05:18 AM
I have try to configure my Harmony transmitter but it's really not easy with your software ...
I give you my feedback concern this software and what can be really improved :
- Let user choose what device is power on or not and if the device need to be powered on. Let us choose if it need to be power off !
- Let "import" configuration of your device when you create an activity.
Example : your activity launch TV and DVD when activity is launched, let the user choose to import configuration of DVD because else you need to leave activity and select device or reprogram completely all buttons of the transmitter manually !)
- Improve customization of Activity (You can't choose what you want really make and no view step by step)
Example : You choose an advanced menu for watch step by step the activity (Launch step : Power on TV, power ON device X, power ON device Y, push on TV button 1, push on device X button 2, push on device Y button 8, push on device X button 9, take the configuration of the device Y for button on the transmitter // Stop step : Power off device Y, power off device X and don't power off tv, push on button 1 of TV)
- Let us record the configuration of the transmitter locally and not always on the web.(It's take a lot of time for upload at each time the configuration and its not possible to give configuration of one device to a friend which have the same transmitter !)
- Improve the time for record configuration !!! 3-4 minutes by test for me. You change a menu but watch after an error 3-4min, a function don't work need to wait again 3-4 min and again. I have stop to configure my transmitter because it's really too long and don't work like I want because can set manually the exact order ! (Problem like, the transmitter need to push on 1 and after on 0 but at each time and what ever the order selected in the little list of function, the tv push always on 0 and after on 1 and can't work. I have create a sequences for that, it's really bad for an universal transmitter ... Push on one button for make all, it's really not true )
- Add may be a virtual transmitter on the pc for test without record configuration if you can't improve this time.Can be usefull for test an activity or other ...
- UI : Try to remove the confirmation button like "You are sure ..." and other ... It's really long for configure or modify configuration because you need to confirm each action ... I lost really a lot of time with your software for modifiy one button or action because need to go in 10 menus for can modify something.
You transmitter are really good. But for the price I think which we have the right to have a better software no ?
I need sometime launch 2-3 devices for one activity and push on most specifics buttons or learned buttons and it's really hard (impossible with some devices) to configure correctly all devices with only one button to push !
Need to create activity for "launch" device after need to create sequences for push on specifics buttons and after need to stop manually device because you can't stop activity without stop TV or create another sequence for stop device
And if an activity is launched, you cant select another activity ...
I wait a new update of your software for configure correctly my transmitter.
Thx to make something
11-16-2008 09:08 AM - edited 11-16-2008 09:09 AM
Hi and welcome.
As an experienced user I can only tell you that I have been able, very easily, to use the current software to do all the things you're asking for.
You say "it's really hard (impossible with some devices) to configure correctly all devices with only one button to push", but that one-button operation IS how Harmonys work, and I and most users do not have any problem in setting them up to do so.
The Harmony principle of Activities makes them different from - and better than - most other universal remotes, and it may take some time to get used to the idea, but it is worth what little effort is required. If you or anyone needs help in applying the principle then this forum is always ready to help if you give us specific details of the problems.
There is some disagreement about whether it is good or bad that users' accounts are kept at the Logi site and not on the user's computer, and different users find that their connection times vary but that in the main those are not unduly lengthy.
Do let us know if we can help with those details!
11-17-2008 11:08 PM
I agree with you Arthur010101, however one gets the feeling that logitech think that their remote software is layed out well, is easy to use and is quick. The forum user posts say otherwise.
As I've said in the 2000UI thread, I realy like my ONE, but the sw puts me off using it's potential as it IS a pita to do a quick test of a new setting.
11-28-2008 07:12 PM
enough to be indicative of actual opportunities for improvement plus it would save you time if you didn't have to spend so much energy on dismissing alterantive points of view.
11-30-2008 01:33 PM - edited 11-30-2008 01:39 PM
My replies are actually to offer suggestions as to why particular aspects of setting a Harmony have gone wrong, and to offer help to those who give specific details of their problem. A report that "if any activity is launched you can't launch another activity" shows that there has been a misunderstanding - and we're here to help clear those up. There wasn't enough detail from OP to allow direct help on the problems, so I could make only general comments, but the invitation to provide more detail was made, and remains.