Logi New
bigjohn767

1100 repairs

My 1100 remote was dropped the display is blank. The Ativities button still lights but I have no touch screen. How can I get it repaired? For the cost of this remote there should be somewhere you can send it for repairs.

towboy123
Topics: 125
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Re: 1100 repairs

Repairs are difficult as Logitech does not sell parts for remotes nor will they make repairs.  You might find a cheap 1100 for sale with some other problem and do the repair yourself.

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi New
bigjohn767

I won't make the mistake of buying a high end remote from Logitech again!!! It seems that a $300 remote should be able to be repaired. I will purchase an 880 or 890 from EBAy....and use the 1100 as a VERY EXPENSIVE paper weight. I will also post on all the remote control forums to BEWARE of the 1100 and its delicate nature....

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Electronic devices are not meant to be dropped and expect that they will function normally afterward.

Logi New
bigjohn767

LOL...Yes, I know that. I also know that if you accidently drop something and it's damaged, there should be a way to pay to have it fixed. I'm not asking for a free fix, just a way to get it repaired. It seems to me that a piece of equipment that costs as much as this does should have parts available. I probably need a new screen because the circuit board lights all come on. Like I said, I am willing to pay for the part I just need to know how to get it!!!!

towboy123

And I gave you an option to do so

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi New
bigjohn767

Just to let you know, this is the response I received from Logitech:

"We are sorry that you had a problem with your Harmony remote. Please note your account information indicates that your remote is out of warranty; therefore, we are unable to offer you a replacement remote. We also regret to inform you that we also do not have a repair option."

They don't have a repair option? On a $300 piece of equipment? Not cool....

towboy123

The rest of that email also states that they will give 50% off the purchase of a new remote which in my opinion is more than graceful.

Logi New
bigjohn767

Hmmm? They list the 1100 at $399.00. So I will get a "reasonable" deal at $200? There are several people on EBay selling it for $200 and Buy It Now. There are others even lower. I will continue to use the 880 I have even with the washed out screen (another Logitech undocumented feature.) The remotes work really well and I am not trashing the company because I own other Logitech products but they should really have some way to get high end items serviced! It's like paying for a Lexus but having to purchase another one for half price when if the engine fails. 

Logi Browser
JKin

I have had a similar issue.  I don't recall the specific fix, but it turned out that the screen was NOT damaged.  That the hardware was "locked up".  I don't mean to generate false hopes, but try hunting for an alternative means to get is up and running again.