Logi Nu
dan76bert

900 blaster not working with my onkyo av receiver

Just got my new 900 and it works with all of my devices with the exception of my onkyo av receiver (sr-5003). When I use the IR on the remote the receiver responds perfectly; however, when I assign it to the RF the blaster does not seem to be able to communicate any commands with the receiver. Anyone have any suggestions?
Logi Browser
jetskirat

Re: 900 blaster not working with my onkyo av receiver

I don't know if this will help you but I had a similar issue with my Onkyo receiver (TX-NR609) and the IR blaster I had for another brand remote (URC MX-800).  Mine worked intermittently when I had the blaster just above the receiver.  Someone told me to try moving the blaster further away because the receiver may be getting bombarded wtih IR signals.  I wasn't sure I agreed with that possibility but it was easy enough for me to move the blaster higher up in the cabinet and try it.  I moved it up two shelves above (about 8 inches further away vertically) and it worked fine.  I don't know if it was dumb luck or there was something to this issue of "IR overload". I got my new Harmony 900 to replace my worn out MX-800, I just placed the IR blaster in the same place as the old blaster and it works fine with my Onkyo.