Logi Nu
ScottBGKY

900 problems rebooting, keeping time and terrible customer service.

Well this is the worst customer service experience I've had in my entire life.  After several emails getting nowhere I decided to call tech support.  After getting transferred to level 2 I was promised a replacement remote that should arrive within 10 days with instructions on returning my previous remote.  10 days passed, no remote.  Called customer service back and they said engineering was working on fixing the issue so they weren't sending a replacement because it would have same issue.  Nobody bothered to relay this information to me.  I'm waiting on a return call from a supervisor.  This is totally unacceptable for a $400 remote to have these issues.  They basically told me tough luck.  I am to just wait for engineering to fix the issue of my remote rebooting, not keeping time and half **bleep** working.  I've paid $400 to beta test a remote for Logitech/Harmony.  At this point I'm beyond pissed.  I would gladly return this and get my money back but I'm beyond the return period.  I'm sure they'll just put me off until I'm outside the warranty window and tell me to take a hike.  

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: 900 problems rebooting, keeping time and terrible customer service.

[ Edited ]

Look on the forum for a member of Logitech's staff, who will have the Harmony logo beside his name, then send him a private message reporting the problem and quoting the Incident Number.

Logi Nu
ScottBGKY

A supervisor from tech support called me this evening.  He is working on getting my remote replaced.  Will update on how situation plays out.  He was very professional and seemed to want to help.

Logi Nu
YogiBear123

Several users have a problem with this $400 remote rebooting.  I returned/exchanged my remote assuming I had a faulty device, but the new replacement has the same problem.  We are all interested in what your tech support finds for a solution.  I hope they do not recommend folding paper and sticking it behind your battery as I've tried this rediculous suggestion and it was not successful.  We'll be watching this thread for a resolution, good luck to all of us.

Logi Browser
herbs

Howdy,

If the rebooting is coming when you place the remote in its cradle a suggestion on this forum that has worked for me is to clean the contacts on the remote AND the cradle using a Deoxit Red pen. I haven't had a reboot in a couple of months once I did that.

Good Luck,

Herb

Logi Browser
DJRobX

[ Edited ]

I'd be happy if my Harmony 900 was just rebooting.   On mine, the RF/IR transmission freezes once every week or two.  I have to eject the battery and re-insert it to continue using it. 

Of course, because it only happens sporadically, I'm not expecting Logitech will be able to do much.   Most likely, I'm going to be waiting for updated firmware. 

Logi Rook
BabyDoc

I also had the remote rebooting problem when cradling my remote.  When that happens, you not only will need to reset the time, you will need to resync your remote with your components.   Could your "freeze of transmission" be your really needing to resync your remote after it reboots?   The Deoxit Red really works well if used on both the remote's and cradle contacts.   Even if they send you a new remote, I would suggest using this to prevent problems.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

DJRobX wrote:
I'm not expecting Logitech will be able to do much.

On a device of this price I'd expect the manufacturer to make it perfect.
G30
Logi Browser
G30

Hi,

I have the same problem with my 900 freezing up. This happens especially often after removing it from the charger.

I spoke to Harmony Support and they gave me an incident number and said the warranty department would contact me in 1 or 2 days. That was 7 days ago, and still no message.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to solve this issue? 

Logi Nu
mktoday

I have the exact same problem. The RF indicator goes solid and the only solution is to pull the battery. No way to replicate the problem, appears to be a random issue (the worst kind).

Tech support kept insisting that it it a stuck button issue. I finally got across that it happened to me only when I hit a function on the LCD screen!  I didn't drop any jam on the keyboard. 

A new remote is on the way but I have a feeling I have not seen the end of this problem. I was surprised that they just deactivated the account on the current 900 and advised be to wait for the new device. I was advised not to bother returning the "malfunctioning remote".  I guess this tells us how little this $300.00 device really costs to manufacture.