Logi Nu
mzuro226

AT&T U-Verse Scientific Atlanta IPN430MC and Harmony 890

I recently acquired AT&T U-Verse in the Chicagoland area. I attempted for many hours to program my Harmony 890 with the DVR they gave me. The model is Scientific Atlanta IPN-430MC. I could not get this DVR to work with the remote. I tried programming the buttons manually and finding similar devices. Noting worked.

I then tried to program the remote using the standard Cable TV Box. Success! The model I used to emulate the remote is the Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD. I then used the learn feature to program the "Back" and "RecordedTV" buttons. Those work great!

Just thought I would help someone else out with my solution to a problem.
Logi Nu
aktiveradio

Re: AT&T U-Verse Scientific Atlanta IPN430MC and Harmony 890

I have a Cisco IPN330HD and can't get it working, I tried the same thing you suggested but no go.
Logi Guru
jdbower

What exactly isn't working?  Note that Cisco recently acquired Scientific Atlanta and it's only now that some SA boxes are coming out with the Cisco name attached to them.  I don't know which boxes are actual Cisco developed (these have had some odd issues with IR language support) and which are just rebranded SA boxes (in which case selecting SA as the vendor may work better).

Are you a WannabeFAQreader?
Logi Browser
al722

New to ATT and have the Cisco 430MC box.  No luck getting my Harmony 659 to control this box.  Any suggestions?  Thanks
Logi Nu
mzuro226

Did you input the Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD into the Harmony software for the DVR as the model/brand?  After doing this it worked for myself and my neighbor.  I did have to program some softkeys to get some of the other features to work (back, recorded programs, etc.)
Logi Browser
al722

Thank you, I did see your post and tried the SA box code, but no luck.  Did you do anything special?  I don't know why it would work for some but not others.  Either way I am happy it worked for you.  I have resigned myself to needing two remotes. I need a remote to control both the Cisco box and a Krell processor.  Any help appreciated.

Logi Guru
listener

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

one thing worth trying is, in the software go into your device => options => confirm infrared. You should be prompted to press some keys on the original remote while your Harmony is connected via USB. Then the software tries to determine the right code-set for your device.

Greetings

listener 

Message Edited by listener on 02-06-2009 09:03 AM
Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Browser
al722

Thanks listener, I have followed the steps you have outlined listing the device as the Cisco 430MC and also as a Scientific Atlantic box.   Each time I get confimation the codes are received and stored, but after updating the Harmony remote has no effect on the Cisco box. 

To me this makes no sense because once the code has been transfered and confirmed via the infrared port, that should be the signal sent to the box.   I have a Harmony 659 instead of the 890, would that make a difference?

I'm not giving up, all suggestion to help are greatly appreciated.  What else can I try?

Logi Guru
listener

[ Edited ]

al722 wrote:

Thanks listener, I have followed the steps you have outlined listing the device as the Cisco 430MC and also as a Scientific Atlantic box.   Each time I get confimation the codes are received and stored, but after updating the Harmony remote has no effect on the Cisco box. 

To me this makes no sense because once the code has been transfered and confirmed via the infrared port, that should be the signal sent to the box.   I have a Harmony 659 instead of the 890, would that make a difference?

I'm not giving up, all suggestion to help are greatly appreciated.  What else can I try?

Hi,

the model of the Harmony doesn't make any difference. And, as the codes from the original remote are confirmed by the Harmony software, we can definitely rule out that the box is on RF. I've to admit, I'm out of ideas for now. Maybe somebody else, with more experience with this boxes (I'm not in the US), from the usual crowd can jump in here.

Sorry + Greetings

listener 

Message Edited by listener on 02-06-2009 11:46 AM
Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

from my experience, Cisco boxes use a very unique IR.  I know it's ignoring the issue, but I returned my Cisco RNG200 and asked for the SA Explorer 8300HD instead.  I was having problems with the box not related to the harmony, but others were having problems with the RNG200 and their harmony.  IMO, it's due to the unique IR they're using

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays