04-11-2012 03:16 PM
I just got a Harmony 700. I'm able to set it up and have it work with all devices, except for my Soundbar HW-E450. The device won't power on or off with my activities. Since the HW-E450 isn't in the system yet, I have to add it as the D450, but they shoulnd't be that different.
Here are the troubleshooting steps I've taken:
1) When I use the devices screen, all features work just fine. Power toggle, volume, etc.
2) When I use the Help assistant, the power toggles correctly on the second attempt, but it doesn't seem to remember how it did it in future attempts. (Are all devices on? > No > Is the HW-D450 on? > No > Now is it on? > No > Is it on now? > YES.)
3) I've adjusted the inter-device delay to as high as it will go (2 seconds), and it still doesn't help.
4) My Logitech software doesn't seem to offer any repeat settings.
5) I've deleted and re-added the device several times.
This is quite frustrating. Any advice?
04-11-2012 04:14 PM
It sounds like you are using the MYHarmony.com to setup the you can download the 7.7 software and use it for setting up your 700, you will have to create a new account and program the remote over from scratch. The only other problem is that you will be limited to only 6 devices with the 7.7 software you would be able to adjust repeats.
04-12-2012 02:15 PM
Thanks for this. I was confused by the difference between the two.
I learned the 7.7 software doesn't run on Mac OS X Lion. So I downloaded the 7.8 beta. I set everything up but I'm experiencing the exact same problem... Soundbar doesn't respond to activities buttons, only when selected as a device.
Any other thoughts?
04-13-2012 07:13 PM
if you are using the 7.7 software and it is still not turning on but will with the use of help try the repeats under devices->soundbar->Settings-> my Device responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally-> and adjust the repeats to a higher setting test it tell me how it goes
- Retired Harmony Support Agent
04-22-2012 06:56 PM
i have the 650 remote and have the same soundbar, and having exact same issues as you are. did you find a fix yet? very frustrating
05-14-2012 05:34 AM
i have harmony one and was facing the same issues with harmony one. Just resolved the same.
In the device setting for sounbar, troubleshoot, then chose the option - "Soundbar responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally."
and set the option to 3...it worked...i had earlier the problem getting solved only by using help twice, but now that is not required. So a logical deduction was that the help was also increasing this number gradually.