Logi Nu
JohnHenry
Accepted Solution

Cannot update setting for 670 remote

Remote was working well until I added a device and wanted to update the remote. Was told to update the software from 7 to 7.5.Tried that and my problems began. Screen is frozen stating "start the Logitech Harmony remote software to update settings" Tried that numerous times and screen quickly reverts to a screen stating "next" which takes me back to the update screen over and over again. Have updated software and hardware from both internet site and program numerous times, checked the location of temp file, changed batteries, checked to see that buttons are not stuck, Etc. Nothing works. 7.5 is in my compuuter but I cannot get it to the remote. Remote does boot up when changing batteries and when downloading firmware update but no sign of life other than that and the frozen screen. Even put the old 7 software program in the computer by CD and that does not change anything. What to do? JohnHenry  
Logi Nu
heckeng

Re: Cannot update setting for 670 remote

My 659 just did the exact same thing today.  I was adding an activity, added a device, and tried to update everything, now it is locked up and says "Start the Logitech Harmony Remote Software to update settings".  Anybody have any ideas?

When updating, it just keeps going forever until the website times out. 

Logi Nu
JohnHenry

Yes, I have a solution for your problem. It is the same one as I found for mine as I wrote about the original problem. I detailed the problem and my attempts to solve it in an Email to Logitech and they were able to create a solution for me and it was downloaded into my remote and resolved the issue. My remote now works perfectly again. They were extermely helpful and prompt in their assistance by Email. I was suprised and pleased. JohnHenry.  

Logi Nu
jmyles

hmmm.. so WHAT is the solution??? is it a downloadable file???
Logi Nu
JohnHenry

I do not know what there solution was. Just email them and they will respond with the solution. Johnhenry
Logi Nu
jmyles

ok.. I called them and they're supposed to email something to me to hopefully fix it.. Thanks..
Logi Nu
jmyles

k.. I could not update my remote with the software.. I managed to do a firmware update, but then the remote just displayed the message "Start the Remote Software to update settings". After many attempts to try to update and consistantly stalling at 3%, I decided to delete all of the devices I had configured. With no devices on the server, I then was able to complete a full update and got rid of the above message. Then I added each device back and did an update after each device was added.. My assumption is that somehow something must have been corrupted in the database that it saves on the server.. In any case, it's a bit drastic to have to do this, but at least I can now use my remote again, so hopefully this info helps others with the same problem..