Logi Nu
KenBrown

Changing inputs on Sanyo TV with Harmony One

Very simple system.  

Harmony One

Tivo on Video1

DVD on Video2

My questions are about changing inputs on the TV.  

There are two ways to change input on the TV using the Sanyo remote - 

1. Pressing the Input key selects the next input in sequence (there are 10)

2. Holding the input key for 3+ seconds brings up an input menu, the up/down keys move to previous or next input, then the select key accepts the selection. I don't know how to tell the Harmony to press s button for 3+ seconds so I have only attempted to use method 1 above.

If I choose Watch DVD, the Harmony advances the input setting by one click.  If the last activity was Watch TV (in other words, the last input was Video1) then advancing the input by one click changes the input to Video2 and all is well.  If the last activity was Watch DVD (meaning that the last input was Video2) then advancing the input by one click changes the input to Video3 and this is NOT good.

The Harmony obviously knows how to advance the input to the next selection.  Here are my questions...

The Harmony can't tell which input is selected so it's important to leave the input set to the same place at the conclusion of every activity, so I always want to leave the input set to Video1.  When shutting down Watch TV I don't have to do anything because the input is already set to Video1.  When shutting down the Watch DVD activity however I'll have to send 9 input clicks needed to get from Video2 to Video1 (remember there are 10 inputs and we have to cycle through them in sequence).  If I set this up with an Input Delay of 2000 ms and 9 'change input' commands when leaving Watch DVD, I've got a 18+ second chain of commands.  Is there a better way?

I guess this is part two of the first question.  Is there a way to tell the Harmony to send the Input command for 3+ seconds?  If so, I could do that, then pause for 2000 ms, then send an up arrow (to move from Vid2 to Vid1), and finally a select/OK, reducing the whole sequence to ~9 seconds.  The trick is finding a way to send that input command for 3+ seconds.

Thanks!

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Re: Changing inputs on Sanyo TV with Harmony One

What is the model of your Sanyo?

You would have to get Support add the DURATION to that command. 

i wonder if that works on older Sanyo's as well

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Nu
KenBrown

My Sanyo is a DP46840.  

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Yup that is a new model the old models ended in 848 or 849

I tried holding the input button on my mine and that doesn't work

But thanks for that info

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner