Logi Nu
gev75

Comcast\Xfinity X1 Service & XR2 Remote Setup w\ Harmony Remote

I was recently upgraded by Comcast to their new X1 service.  This service uses the Pace Electronics X1-PRG (Model # PX001ANM) set top box and the new Comcast XR2 remote.  I have been trying for the last few days to get my Harmony remote to work with this new cable box with no avail.  I have scoured Google and the forums and have not found a solution.  I tried adding it as a PVR with Pace as the manufacturer and RNG210N as the model.  This does not work when adding it to an activity.  I have used a few other models of Pace PVR's and and digitial set top boxes with no success.  I am aware of the previous Logitech support forum post, but this was never followed up on with an answer on whether they were able to get the XR2 remote to work.  I have gone through the learning process in both the automatic and raw modes.  It tells me that the Harmony remote has learned the commands of the XR2 remote, but once I assign it to an activity and update the Harmony remote, it does not work with the X1 box.  I have resorted to using my Harmony remote to control power and activities for my TV, Home Theater receiver, and Blu-Ray DVD player, but I have to use the XR2 remote to control any functions for the cable box.  I have tried this for both a Harmony 620 and One remote with no success.  Has anyone been able to get the Harmony remote to work with the X1 PX001ANM box and use the XR2 remote settings?  Can Logitech add these peripherals to their database?  Is there another device\manufacturer\model number that I can use?

Any help would be great.

Thank You,

Gerry

Logi Browser
zeke73

Re: Comcast\Xfinity X1 Service & XR2 Remote Setup w\ Harmony Remote

Use the Pace RNG-110 as the set top box.  I had to add the Live button to the watch tv activity.  I added it on the addition buttons sceen.  There is no dvr button, you use the menu button to access the dvr and on-demand functions.

Logi Browser
bob876

I had the same problem.  Evidently the X1 is now in the data base.  I tried again two days ago and was able to set up the X1 box and the associated remote functions on my Harmony One.  Suggest you try again, using the X1 model number.

Logi Nu
JS2306

I am having the same problems and Logitech does not even respond to support requests.  You would think that for the latest comcast box , which is being widely released, Logitech would provide some information - and preferably a solution.

Logi Nu
Peterpla

Can you share the specifics, which Device, Manufacturer and Model you used to successfully control the X1?

Too bad Logitech won't support their product - this hasn't change over the several years I've had my Harmony One. Love the remote, but will never buy from Logitech again - Logitech's support only aspires to someday rising to the level of "a joke".

Logi Nu
amr42

[ Edited ]

I am successfully using a Harmony 300 remote with a Comcast X1 box with XR2 remote (slave unit, not master).  I have the device setup as PR150BNM and all buttons work fine, except xfinity button which I have used teach mode for (mapped to red 'C' button).

LogiTech - when will xfinity/comcast XR2 remote be officially supported?

Logi Nu
JLremote

I just switched over to Comcast X1 and have also been having trouble finding the correct models for the x1 main and slave boxes.  Some on this forum said that apparently they are in the system.  I have not seen it can anyone who has please post the correct informaltion.

Logitech Employee
PKHarmony

Hello JLremote,

Kindly try this device, add it as follows and 'Sync' your remote.

Manufacturer: Comcast
Model: PX001ANM

If that doesn't solve the issue, can you provide us the model number of your Comcast box.

Best Regards,
PKHarmony

If a reply resolves your issue, you can help other users also by clicking "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos".

Click here to join the Harmony Beta Community!

Signature

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Nu
oliveiraej550

OK Has anyone used the Comcast PX001ANM  model yet???   I have a 550 and was going to try and program it with this new model as suggested by Logitech. 

Logi Nu
NormanReel0995

I have the 890.  I programmned as suggested:

Manufacturer: Comcast
Model: PX001ANM

using the choice for "Cable Box" (not Digital Box)

on "A" input of the extender

Went through learning basic IR commands with the Cable Box Remote Control talking to the 890

updated the Remote Control and Extender

all works great with the PR150BNM.