03-01-2012 01:13 AM
I setup my 895 for my new receiver last night, and found that many of the codes are incorrect for the Cambridge Audio AZUR 650R Receiver. I understand that I can learn the correct codes from the real remote, but what is not clear to me is, from what I've read, the software will then attempt to reconcile "my" codes with it's database, and if it doesn't have the codes, add them.
However, how does it decide if "my" codes, which will in many cases contradict/conflict with what is already in the DB for this model, are valid, or the codes it already has (which are pretty bad, to be honest)?
Also, next time I update the software, will it "over-write" my codes with it's codes, which may still be wrong, or can I only use the codes the DB thinks is correct? (so I have to get the codes into their DB before I can use them correctly?)
Perhaps when I try to learn the commands, it'll become clear? Also, I can't figure out how to raise this officially as a support query, as they need to know the codes are wrong for this model, right!?
Any help, greatly appreciated.
Examples of incorrect codes:
PowerOff doesn't work, and PowerOn is actaully PowerToggle. This causes all sorts of problems with the receiver being turned off when you switch activites.
Most of the Inputs are for the wrong Inputs e.g. Input BD/DVD does nothing, you have to use Input Aux to switch to the BD/DVD Input (there are plenty others).
Mute actually sends the OSD (On Screen Display (Menu))
Mode actually send the Mute code
Input Video1 actually sends the LipSync code
There are more, but these are off the top of my head.
03-01-2012 02:45 AM
I have also realised that the PowerOn and PowerOff are discrete codes, which can't be learned from the remote (that will only do PowerToggle), so how do I go about getting the diiscrete codes into the 895/master DB?
03-01-2012 05:53 AM
Have you tried a different model receiver to see if the codes work better? As far as learning codes, select Custom at the bottom of the page in the learning area, to learn codes as Raw. This will learn the codes as seen from the original rather than an Analyzed comparison to codes in the database.
03-02-2012 03:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. What I did, was phone support (expecting to be told that phone support is only for initial setup, as per the webpage), but the very helpful Harri looked into it, and "copied" the codes that he thought were the right ones, from other people's accounts that he thought looked good.
For nearly all the codes, this solved the problem, and I have now got it working almost perfectly. I have mailed Harri back a couple of the codes that are still wrong, but I have re-mapped the "wrong" codes to the right button, so it's just a bit of fine tuning now and hopefully it's all sorted (and perfectly usable in the mean time). I just hope that this episode will improve the codes that get given to the next new user of this AVR.