Logi Nu
bfrez

Dish Network Hopper 2000

I just recieved my Dish hopper and I was able to get it to work by setting up my Harmony 700 remote for a Dish VIP-922. all Buttons work.

Logi Nu
Technolassy

Re: Dish Network Hopper

I am excited about the Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR especially because of Primetime Anytime! I work in the evenings so it is hard for me to catch the shows I normally enjoy. Given that, I can record all four-primetime networks at once using only 1 tuner I'm not going to be missing anything and that is awesome. It makes it easier for me as well to know that this will not be taking up my DVR hard drive space. Being a work- a-holic and traveling on a frequent basis for Dish I know I am grateful for the 8 days I have to catch up on the shows after they have aired. This new technology is rock'n!

Logi Nu
gfowler777

Re: Dish Network Hopper 2000

Was able to get Harmony One to work by setting it to VIP922 and enabling IR on the Hopper settings.

Logi Nu
RealCreed

[ Edited ]

Do your color buttons (red, blue, yellow, and green) work? I can get all buttons to work except those. And I can't find any other way to get to the "TV Viewing Status" screen to start watching a show that I paused in another room.

I am using the Harmony 700 Remote.

Logi Nu
jimboV

I was able to get the color buttons set up in custom screen (or touch screen). However, I can't seem to get a DVR button added. The list of Buttons for the 922 doesn't have it (is it another name?) and I can't for the life of me get the Harmony One to learn it from the Hopper Remote. Any suggestions?

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 509
Solutions: 152

The Dish Remotes are using RF and you will not be able to get them to learn from it ever.  The color commands can be learned from a 20.0 Dish remote or a 21.0 set to IR mode.

THE YELLOW AND BLUE COMMANDS WORK OH MY :smileyhappy:

Maybe look for a List command I can't remeber what it is named right now.

Will check back after I get my 3rd and 4th Joeys up

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Guru
triad

[ Edited ]

jimboV wrote:

I was able to get the color buttons set up in custom screen (or touch screen). However, I can't seem to get a DVR button added. The list of Buttons for the 922 doesn't have it (is it another name?) and I can't for the life of me get the Harmony One to learn it from the Hopper Remote. Any suggestions?

DVR is also the "List" command.

EDIT: I see now that's what towboy said too.

EDIT2: Here's a nice tip I found for anyone using Closed Captions. On the Hopper it can be toggled with a simple 5 step sequence: Yellow, 3, Select, Select, ViewLiveTV

towboy123

Hey Triad there are a couple other good shortcuts with the color commands I have seen discussed in other forums could you post them if you know them.

Thanks for the CC shortcut it is terrible drilling down through the menus to toggle it for my pops.

What a pain to install and I am now a Dish tech.  Very paticual system.

If anyone has any questions let me know

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
towboy123

HArmonys are controlling the Hopper flawlessly so far I'm in love with the Hoppa

Logi Guru
triad

Here are a few I've come across myself.

From Live TV or playback:

- Yellow goes directly to settings, and a number goes to an item, i.e., 3 is CC and 8 is Network Setup

- Red brings up the tuner list

- Blue goes directly to Network setup

- Green brings up some sort of channel browser with a filter

- Input works like PIP Swap

- Recall lists 4 of your most recent channels

- Number's won't jump to specific items in the main menu. But arrows will wrap around from left to right. So to get to the last item in the top row, it only take one left arrow rather than 5 right arrows.

- Double press Menu brings up the System Info screen

- Multiple presses of guide cycle through favorites lists.

- Multiple presses of DVR (List) cycle through Recordings, PTAT, Schedule, Timers and Rentals