Logi New
yasmar

Frozen Harmony One

My remote is frozen on "Start Watching TV".  Previous help on the Forum suggested removing the battery.  I simply can't get the battery out.

I suspect it might take a special tool.  Any suggestions?

What about just letting the battery run down - would that accomplish the same thing?  I'm afraid to lose the programming if I do that.  HELP!

Don

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 509
Solutions: 152

Re: Frozen Harmony One

You will not lose the programming.

The rear end of the battery needs to be lifted a little then pulled out. 

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi New
yasmar

Thanks, I'll try again with the battery.

Don

Logi Guru
listener

Hi,

if you still don't have success removing your battery, you need to contact Logitech support if the remote is still under warranty.

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

no special tool needed
after you remove the battery cover, push in on the battery (towards the top of the remote) and then (with the remote touch screen facing down) lift up the battery as you are pushing in, once it's lifted up over the lip, you can stop pushing in and it should have a "straight shot" out of the compartment

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi New
yasmar

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately this did not work as there was absolutely no movement when I pushed the battery forward whether I "lifted" the battery or not - BUT!, mysteriously, the unit unlocked and now works fine - perhaps just a slight movement of the battery was needed although I had been trying to remove it earlier with no results. If it hadn't been for your posting, I was about to give up, so thanks - much appreciated. 
Logi Legend II
rhachey

It sounds like the battery has expanded, this happened to me and I emailed Harmony through the support link and they have just replaced my battery..  To remove the battery, I had to use a small screwdriver and lift the battery up while using a pair of long nose pliers to pull the battery out
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

It should come out of the case with absolutely no effort at all - just a simple small movement to release it - as yours doesn't it must have expanded and that means it needs to be replaced.
Logi Nu
Rsix

My 890 did this.  I was frozed on the "watch a dvd" screen.  I pulled the battery and now it's just a blank screen and won't do anything.  HELP!
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Welcome to the forum.

This is one for Logitech support to help with - send them the details in an e-mail.