Logi Nu
Andrew_CA
Accepted Solution

H900 and Comcast XFinity XG1-P with Xr2 v2 remote

I just converted to Comcast.  I received their Xfinity XG1-P cable box with a XR2, version 2 remote.  I set up the box as a device in the H900 remote as a XG1-P model.

Unfortunately, the page down, page up and replay buttons that are on the XR2 remote do not function on the H900 remote.  All other buttons and commands work correctly.  I tried "learn IR" for the commands and then assigned the “new command” to the appropriate button, but they still do not work.

The H900 firmware and remote software were updated today as welel to see if that would help.

I have searched the support community, but did not find any helpful solutions.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I submitted an email to support as well.  If I hear back from them before a reply here, then I will post the answer.

I love the H900 remote.  It worked seemlessly when I was with U-verse, so hope that there is a solution that will bring the H900 experience on par with that.  I now have to use two remotes to watch TV, which is not the point of having the H900.

Also, The XR2 remote does not have a "skip" button (as in: move forward briefly).  That would be useful if you could make the H900 skip button work automatically.  There is a series of buttons (down, then over, then OK) to make it happen, so that would be a cool feature to add as a single button; perhaps one of the colored buttons.  Please count this post as another vote for the capability of managing "sequences."

Thanks for your help.

Logi Nu
Andrew_CA

Re: H900 and Comcast XFinity XG1-P with Xr2 v2 remote

Well, solved most (but not all) of my own problem.

I updated my settings to add the cable box as a Pace PX001ANM (which I found labeled on the bottom).  It works better this way, but the skip back (replay) button still does not work.  Since the XR2 (v2) remote has a replay button, it would be great to have it on the H900 as well.

The Yellow button on teh H900 automatically mapped to the yellow-triangle/filter function, so that was really nice.

If anyone has solutions for skip forward/back, I would still appreciate it.

Logi Guru
triad

Learning the command and assigning it to a button in device mode is not enough. You must also assign the command under Customize Buttons in your activities.

Logi Nu
Andrew_CA

Good call on missing that step.  Novice mistake.  Unfortunately, the button still does not work after being assigned in the activity (and the remote being updated).  Any additinal ideas?  Thanks!

Logi Nu
mmerfeld

Thanks for the help!  Was struggling to find a way to get the DVR to work and this worked perfectly!  Can even "loop back" using the "up and down" arrow rocker button on the top of the remote...in the guide context of xfinity this button serves as the "pg up/pg down" button.

Logi Nu
Andrew_CA

Logitech support must have added the commands as after updating the remote, the command work perfectly.

I would still like a "skip forward" button, but that is for Comcast to develop.

Excellent support from Logitech!  Thanks.

Logi Nu
mtnwing

I believe the Comcast XR2 remote can be placed in a mode that uses "RF signals only for the stb" and this is often done by the cable installer during initial setup.  If this is the case, I am not sure how well a learning remote can learn the code when you try to click a button for learning since it's only blasting an RF signal.  I believe there may be a way to toggle this RF to IR mode on and off but I can't seem to find it in the normal settings menu on the box -- I think it's a code you have to punch in on the remote that toggles this on and off.  If you call Comcast support, you might be able to find someone who knows how to toggle the Comcast remote back to IR mode so you can then learn the codes.   I am pretty sure my remote was originally set on IR mode and then at some point I switched it to RF which works better since you don't need line of sight for changing channels, etc.