Logi Nu
Devilish

Harmony 1000 Battery Replacement

I followed the Logitech troubleshooting guide, and have been able to figure out that I need a new battery for my Harmony 1000. No big deal, it's only a year old, but I'm happy to buy a new battery.  IF only I could get Logitech to indicate WHERE.  I've phoned the help line, the warranty line, emailed the troubleshooting address, the warranty address....every single one invites me to contact the OTHER one, but no one will tell me where in Canada I can get a replacement battery.  Why is this so hard?  For that matter, why is it available in the US but not in Canada?  And why does no one at Logitech look at one of my emails and say 'well, this is an easy fix; I can give the guy the place/address/number to get a new battery at'. 

Can anyone help?

David Sheedy

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
MarkDU

Re: Harmony 1000 Battery Replacement

Hi Devilish,

Sorry to hear it has been difficult to obtain a battery for your Harmony 1000. I have sent you a PM regarding this matter. We should be able to resolve this quickly and have you enjoying your remote again. :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Mark

Logi Nu
greg3435

where can I get replacement for harmony1000 battery?....please advise by email...........w3435@tampabay.rr.com......ty
MarkDU

Hi greg3435,

If you reside in the U.S, you can purchase a Harmony 1000 battery from the Logitech web store. Here is a link:

http://www.buylogitech.com/store/logius/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryid.11201700?WT....

Regards,

Mark

Logi Nu
jfiz

Hi,

I have the same problem, almost had the same difficulties. Seems very hard to have an official replacement in Canada. I hope that Logitech will stand up and help a good customer. Many product around here have your logo.

please advise

thank you very much

:smileysad:

MarkDU

[ Edited ]

Hi jfiz,

There is no online parts store on the Logitech Canadian site unfortunately. However you can still obtain a replacement battery by contacting Technical Support. Click the link below

Contacting Support for the Harmony remote

If for any reason you are not able to reach support, send me a PM I would be glad to forward your information to them.

Regards,

Mark

Logi Browser
BobVH

Yesterday I did a Google search on a Harmony 1000 Battery, and found among other sources listed a "BatteryBay.net" and ordered one for about $13.  Yes, it appears to be an after-market item,  but I'm willing to chance it. Check it out, if you haven't already done otherwise.    After almost 3 years of use, my original battery seems to be acting up by not holding a charge very well. Sometimes after sitting out of the charger for a while, it would indicate the need for a recharge. Nothing lasts forever....

BobVH

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

These replacements have been known not to charge on the 1000 base but at that price it's probably worth taking the chance.

Logi Nu
Devilish

I was able to get a replacement battery from Logitech fairly easily once I got the right person on the line.  Didn't cost much either.  Then I found out that it actually wasn't the battery, it was the contacts.  They had been bent back because of the number of times I've had to take the battery out/in to unstick the remote.  Fixed the contacts, and now I have two serviceable batteries.  Plus, updated firmware seems to have taken care of the 'stuck' part.

Logi Browser
dpdurst

[ Edited ]

Hate to say the link posted for replacement battery takes you somewhere but not to the location to buy the battery. This website has to be the WORST for navigating and finding things. I need a replacement battery as well, but so for fail to find it anywhere on this site. Is there any way to get a link that goes RIGHT TO THE LOCATION to purchase. I love the remote, but so tired of navigating in a land of nowhere on this site!

thanks

David

(personal content edited)