Logi Browser
loremar

Harmony 1000 and RF Extender: incompatibility, ....... why??

Hi,

I have problem with my Harmony 1000 and RF Extender.

When I try to add RF Extender to my remote I receive this answer: Extender not compatible, all incompatibles extenders are removed.

I have upgraded firmware of remote but I'm not able to upgrade the extender, when I try to connect it via USB I receive the same answer: Extender not compatible, all incompatibles extenders are removed.

I have tried to put the extender in safe mode but the result is always the same.

My remote software versione is 7.5, the firmware version is 2.5.

P/N of remote is 866308-0000, P/N of extender is 866166-0002  

Thanks for your answer. 

Logi Guru
listener

Re: Harmony 1000 and RF Extender: incompatibility, ....... why??

[ Edited ]

Hi,

could it be, that you try to pair a US native remote with an european (or elswhere) originated RF-extender, or vice versa. This won't work, they use different frequencies.

Greetings

listener

P.S. Just recognized you mentioned firmware-version 2.5, the actual one for the 1000 should be 5.0, if I remember correctly. So try to update.

Message Edited by listener on 02-22-2009 09:45 AM
Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Browser
loremar

HI,

Many thanks for your answer. Is there a way to know which is US or european native (if remote or extender) ) ? Is there a specific code ? 

So I could try to replace with the correct "version".

Thanks,

loremar

Logi Guru
listener

loremar wrote:

HI,

Many thanks for your answer. Is there a way to know which is US or european native (if remote or extender) ) ? Is there a specific code ? 

So I could try to replace with the correct "version".

Thanks,

loremar

Hi,

not out of the box for me or you. Maybe someone from the Logitech team responds to this thread, they should be able to identify them by checking their PID. Or you contact Logitech support directly. By the way,another thought, if you bought them (remote and extender) new, in an unopened box, were their AC-adaptors equipped with the appropriate plug for your country (don't know where you're located)?

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Browser
loremar

[ Edited ]

Hi listener,

I'm from Italy.

I bought remote and extender with their original AC-adaptors and they have the plug appropriate for my country (ITALY), so I'm not sure that one of them is US native (the plug should be different). Maybe they are both for european AC system, ..... so which could be my problem ??

I have tried to reinstall the software and to create a new Logitech account: then I have added the extender before to connect the remote, and in this way I was able to recognize the extender, but when I have added also the remote as soon as connected, I had the same answer: the incompatibles extenders are removed.

I have checked the remote firmware, ... is 5.0, otherwise the firmware of extender is 2.5, but if I try to upgrade that, I obtein the answer of incompatibility.

Here are the info on the monitor aboutthe extender:

Version Logitech Harmony Remote Software: 7.5.0
Version hardware: Board 4.2.0 (0xFF:0x12)
Version firmware: 2.5

I have contacted Logitech support, I hope to receive some answer.

Thanks for your help,

loremar
Message Edited by loremar on 02-22-2009 07:35 AM
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

check you box for the 1000.  is it a 1000 or a 1000i?

the 1000i, only available in certain locations, is only IR capable.

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Guru
listener

Hi WA,

the 1000i is (was?) only sold in Australia and New Zealand. From there, it's a long way to Italy. And these countries have different plugs. I think this one goes to Logitech support to be fixed. I'm really interested in the outcome.

Greetings

listener

Logi Browser
loremar

[ Edited ]

Wannabe,

I have checked the box and the remote. It's a 1000, no 1000i ... but I found a yellow label (very little) on the battery with this written "SAMPLE ONLY". I don't know what this means and why is it there. I bought the remote and extender from a friend who worked in Logitech, ... maybe it's a "special" model ?

I have talked about with my friend but he doesn't know a solution (now he doesn't work in Logitech).

I'll wait for a Logitech support answer.

Thanks

Message Edited by loremar on 02-26-2009 07:58 AM
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

I knew the 1000i was in Australia and New Zealand...wasn't sure if it was anywhere else.  Definitely odd...

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
loremar

Just some news about the problem.

I'm waiting confirmation but should be a problem in the extender firmware..

The yellow label "SAMPLE ONLY" is just about to the battery, not to the remote (this is the answer).