Logi Browser
Anentropik
Accepted Solution

Harmony 1100 - Software don't recognize the remote - no connection - no update

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have my Harmony 1100 for several years.

I currently have a new laptop (Asus G75) with Windows 8, and a new Swisscom TV box with a new remote.

I wanted to update my Harmony 1100 and then configure the new Swisscom hardware.

But my remote is not recognized by the software :/

After dozens of attempts to install / uninstall software "LogitechHarmonyRemote7.7.0-WIN-x86.exe", conducting cleanups registry, by plugging the remote or not, there is nothing.

When I plug my remote, Windows makes a sound indicating the connection of something, but apparently it uses a composite basic USB drivers, not a logitech specifique one.

Can you help me?

Here som pics :

Harmony1100_connection_impossible.jpgHarmony1100_firmware_update.jpg

Logi Guru II
Quin_at_HRR

Re: Harmony 1100 - Software don't recognize the remote - no connection - no update

[ Edited ]

If all DIY software and firmware debugging has failed, then there is usually a flaw in the processor.But, make sure you have exhausted all attempts at connectivity. All of these options should be attempted before the hardware is declared defective:

• Don't laugh - this has actually worked for some folks. Shut your machine down completely and cold boot. Launch the client software and give it a shot
  • You can uninstall the software and re-install the same version or prior versions if you want to try this.
  • Use the web interface  instead of the client software (this is not the new Myharmony, but an older interface). Click through the 'Next' prompt if it comes up.
  • Try connecting while the remote is in Safe Mode (Full instructions are on this page on my website)
  • Do not use a USB hub! Connect directly to a port on the computer. Try to use a desktop and not a laptop, if possible.
  • Try a different USB cable. Confirm the cable works with another device
  • Deactivate all firewalls, virus checking, etc.
  • Try a different computer altogether.
  • Try connecting with and without the battery.  See if there is a change in behavior.

Exhausted? Me too! Let me know how it goes.

Logi Browser
Anentropik

Re: Harmony 1100 - Software don't recognize the remote - no connection - no update

[ Edited ]

Hello Quin_at_HRR,

I just have tried the "Try a different computer altogether." and it works.

Thank you very much.

I just think I have to install the correct drivers of the Harmony 1100 remote, to make it works correctly, but I dont know exactely how to do that without using the software installation process.

Can you send me the W8 64bit usb3 Harmony1100 drivers ?

Logi Guru II
Quin_at_HRR

I don't have any drivers for the Harmony software and I've not seen them offered as a separate download. If unique USB drivers are used, they must install automatically with the client software.
Logi Browser
Anentropik

They must, but they don't ...

This is the problem I have, i think the software installation process think I have already the good driver and don't reinstall it.

When I plugg my remote the W8 make a sound to significate to me that à new hardware is connected, but on the screen of the remote there's no USB logo displayed like I see whene plugged on my other computer.

Thank you for your help.

Logi Guru II
Quin_at_HRR

Maybe the issue is the USB version? 2.0 vs 3.0 port?
Logi Browser
Anentropik

I have only usb3 on my laptop, is there an kown issue ?

Logi Guru II
Quin_at_HRR

I've heard of some folks having trouble using 3.0, but I don't think there is any official guidance posted one way or another. Still, I'm going to add that to my 'checklist' because it's just another variable that should be looked at during debugging.

Logi Browser
Anentropik

Thank you very much for the help and the work on the possible USB3 issue.

Logi Nu
Whisper111

I also got Harmony 1100 with same problem. My operatingsystem is Windows 8.1 x64. I got the same symptoms. The display on the Harmony dont show the USB connection.

Does not matter wich port i connect to. 

Cant understand why Logitech cant fix this problem sence may 2013...????