Logi Nu
GFord

Harmony 520 stuck in "Safe Mode"...Help.

[ Edited ]
I put new batteries in my Harmony 520 and all the LCD screen show's is "Harmony Safe Mode". None of the other button's do anything and the only way to turn it off is to take out the batteries.

How do you take the 520 out of safe mode? I checked the manual, but there is nothing in there about safe mode.

Thanks in advance.

Glenn

Message Edited by GFord on 07-11-200609:47 PM

Message Edited by GFord on 07-11-200609:47 PM

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
PatHarmony

Re: Harmony 520 stuck in "Safe Mode"...Help.

To get your 520 out of safe mode, follow these steps.

1. Remove the batteries.

2. Hold the '2' button down.

3. While still holding the '2' button down, replace the batteries.

4. The remote will boot into the normal functionality.

Note:  If the 'Off' button is held down while inserting the batteries, the remote will boot into 'Safe Mode'.

Regards,

Pat

Logi Nu
1pugsley

Long time since the last post, this is exactly what I needed and worked perfect. Thanks!

Logi Nu
JimmyinFrisco

As of July 4, 2012, these instructions worked perfectly. Just remember to also make sure you have disconnected from your computer too. Thanks for this! I was on my way to BBY to buy another one, but decided to give Google a shot at fixing the problem.

Logi Browser
Gealt

Thank you PatHarmony, 7 years on your instructions worked & got my 555 remote out of 'Safe Mode'. Yes I had removed the batteries whilst the power button was stuck down.

Logi Nu
Hurrikane

Thanks for the help, turns out if the batteries die while turning off ,it goes into safe mode . You wouldn't think the odds that this happens is great ... but it's happened twice now  to us ... Happy holidays everyone :smileyhappy: