Logi Visitor
anjenaire

Harmony 650 - Cable Remote Channels with a dash

I mated the Harmony 650 with my cable remote and I now have volume and channel control - sort of. My local Comcast cable broadcasts the over the air HD channels as their call letters i.e. NBC 30 is 30-1, Fox 61 is 61-1 etc. (PBS has three channels). My cable remote has a "dash" button but the Harmony does not. How should I go about this? If I hold down the channel button I eventually scroll through to these channels but it makes it hard to switch back and forth between two channels.It also means my favorite channels that I added don't work properly.

Thanks.

Logi Master II
barkeater

Re: Harmony 650 - Cable Remote Channels with a dash

if the database did not provide you with a command for the dash (check under device mode) then you could learn the command using your device's remote.  For instructions on how to learn a command go here

Sony BDP-S390 BD | Logitech Squeezbox Classic | Squeezebox Radio
Logi Visitor
anjenaire

Re: Harmony 650 - Cable Remote Channels with a dash

Well my solution was to purchase a Logitech Revue :smileysurprised: and then upgrade my cable boxes (and pay more $$ every month to my Comcast overlord) to have HD outputs. The high definition channels are now native to the Cable box.  The Harmony has been switched to the basement where I am having other issues that I will list in a different post.

The Revue (still waiting on update) works o.k. but limits me to three devices (my AVR, TV and Cable STB) so I still need my cable remote to use the DVD player (as well as the TV and the Cable box itself). That works well enough for my wife and I use the Revue keyboard if we want to watch a movie with the AVR on or use the Revue for "Google TV".