Logi Browser
Qualme

Harmony 650 Favorite Channels

I have setup my harmony 650 remote to control my xbox 360 media center extender, the xbox controls the channels (Up/Down and numbers) but when I setup up favorite channels the tv changes not the xbox channel.  How can I get the favorite channels to change on the xbox instead of the tv.

Thanks,
Dan

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: Harmony 650 Favorite Channels

[ Edited ]

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.

When you set up an Activity and specify which device is to change the channels the number and channel up/down buttons are assigned to that device and the Favorite channels are selected for it.

As that is not working correctly you need either to Review Settings for the Activity, or set it up again.

H H

Logi Browser
Qualme

In the customize buttons section of the activity, I have the xbox changing channels up and down as well as numbers. the only control the tv has is volume. I tried setting it up more then once and double checked the settings and it still uses the tv.  Is there somewhere other then the customize buttons section that I need to change channel settings?

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

"When you set up an Activity and specify which device is to change the channels the number and channel up/down buttons are assigned to that device".

If you then use Customise Buttons to allocate the number and channel up/down to another device that is not reflected in the Favorite Channel selection.

That may be the explanation, in which case you may be able to change the initial assignment by Activity> Review Settings.

It would probably be easier and better though to set up the Activity again, selecting the correct device this time for changing the channels.

Logi Browser
Qualme

Hmmm, with the Xbox that is not an option in Activity.   Heres how I set it up maybe you could let me know if I took a wrong turn somewhere. Here are the steps I follow: Add Activity > No - Manually > Watch TV > Media Center PC > Selet My TV and Click Next > Select Video Input 2 > Select Yes but add more devices > Add Xbox (Media Extender) > Click save.  I dont come across a setting to allow channel changing so I have to go to customize buttons after.  Did I miss a step or select a wrong setting?

Thanks,
Dan

Logi Browser
Qualme

I have found a work around.  It seems the xbox can not be used to change channels however the media center remote for the PC is the same as the xbox.  So if you setup a media center PC and an Xbox then have the main devices the TV and the PC then add the xbox so it turns on.  Your xbox will be controlled with the Media center PC remote.  The only problem is it wastes a device and my remote has 5 max.  On that note to get the xbox to start in media center I need to replace the on button with the media center button, I also use the xbox for a DVD player and dont want it to start in media center to watch a DVD and therefore have another device.  So that puts me at 3 just for the xbox. Is there anyway to change the startup command for just one activity instead of for the device.  I dont really need the extra devices atm but probably will in the future.

Thanks,
Dan

Logi Browser
Qualme

I have found a solution to my other problem.  The xbox extender is not needed, you just need to setup your media center with custom power settings.  Thanks for your help hhatkin

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

That's OK and I see the complications now that were causing the problems. H H