Logi Nu

Harmony 650 Keeps Reseting

I bought a 650 a few weeks back and it is constantly resetting.  If i tap the bottom of the remote, it resets and then is out of sync with my current activity.  I think the battery is loose.  How can I fix this or can I even do anything about it?

Logi Master II

Re: Harmony 650 Keeps Reseting

You could try pulling the prongs out a little farther so that they are more snug when battery is installed. 

Sony BDP-S390 BD | Logitech Squeezbox Classic | Squeezebox Radio
Logi Legend II

If you just bought it, I would return it for another.

Logi Nu

I would return it, but I don't have the box or receipt

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)

mt0trip wrote:

I would return it, but I don't have the box or receipt

Then check out the following FAQ on submitting a warranty claim.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1265...

Best,

Dane

Logi Nu

I have two of these remotes and I was having the same problem with both.  The batteries lose their connection when the remote is set down because they are not held tightly within the remote casing.  I took a sheet of toilet paper, folded it up, set it against the back of the batteries and closed the lid.  This holds the batteries snug inside the remote and  I no longer have the problem.  

Logi Nu

I'm having the same issue, remote is  a week old.

I'd return it but I am assuming Ill have the same issue. Ill try the Tissue paper trick.

Logi Browser

Unbelievable, I am also having the SAME problem.   Sheesh, I already returned one Harmony 650 due to a distorted LCD screen, and I thought I'd have to return this one as well.

But I took the advice of a previous post and put a thin piece of foam on top of the batteries so that the battery cover fits more snugly over the top. So far that has fixed the problem. 

Logi Nu

Thank you!  That fixed my rebooting problem!

Logi Guru II

These batteries can generate a fair amout of heat, so I would use caution regarding the use of very thin tissue paper, etc. A couple of small rubber shims with a little double-stick tape should do the trick.