Logi Nu
cmeisel

Harmony 720 will not charge

I love my harmony 720 but one issue that drives me crazy is charging. The craddle is perfectly even and when I put the remote into the craddle it will not charge. It is almost empty now and I don't know what to do. In the past i put it in and out and in and out and eventually it would charge but now i won't at all anymore. has anybody experienced this ?

thanks
claus

Logi Guru
jdbower

Re: Harmony 720 will not charge

I'm guessing #11 here would also apply to the 720.

Are you a WannabeFAQreader?
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

probably...I haven't heard of it for the 720, but it's possible

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
EricHarmony

It's very rare for that problem to affect a 720, but it happens. Call tech support.
Logi Nu
sac055

My 720 has the same problem... The cradle's right terminal seems to retract and gets stuck, so I need to jar it free. Annoying, but it works most times.
Logi Nu
PatrickL

I had tried everything suggested and nothing worked.  I ended up solving my problem with my original battery (afetr I ordered a new battery of course which I had not received yet in the mail when I solved my problem).  The battery voltage was 3.7V.  I found a link on the Logitech support site that said an old software problem would not charge the battery if the battery voltage dropped below 3.8V.  I had the most recent software already installed so I discounted it as the problem.  On a whim, I manually charged the battery with a seperate power supply to 3.8V and placed the battery back in the remote.  Now the battery charges and everything is fine.

Hope this helps someone else.