07-20-2006 05:46 PM
08-15-2006 08:20 AM
08-15-2006 09:29 AM
11-15-2007 10:41 PM
The words 'Safe Mode' appear on the remote. What do I do?Answer
Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool in the Remote used for troubleshooting purposes. If the words "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode Requested" appear on the remote, complete the following steps:
1. Ensure the Remote is in "Safe Mode Requested" by taking out the batteries, and disconnecting the remote from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the Off button and plug the remote into the USB.
3. Continue holding down the Off button for another 10 seconds. The remote should then display the words "Safe Mode Requested".
4. With the unit in "Safe Mode Requested", re-install the firmware by clicking Support on your home page.
5. Click Firmware in the Downloads section and follow the online instructions to upgrade the firmware.
6. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click Update My Remote.
7. Insert new batteries into the remote.
NOTE: Ensure the new batteries are all the same brand.
07-30-2010 02:28 PM
This did not help with mine. My battery died. When I put it on the charger it booted back up to Safe Mode. I am able to Hold down the Off button and plug the remote into the USB to get it into Safe Mode Requested but the software never sees the remote. The remote just flashes from black to the blue Safe Mode Requested screen over and over. Please help.