Logi Nu
Whorf1

Harmony 880 stuck in "Safe Mode" What do I do???

I replaced my battery in my 880 and when it rebooted, the screen states "safe mode B.09DE" What does this mean and how do I get out of safe mode????

Thanks

Will Adams
Logi Nu
MrFurious

Re: Harmony 880 stuck in "Safe Mode" What do I do???

Anybody? This just happened to me as well. None of the buttons work, taking the battery doesn't do anything, and the screen simply says "Safe Mode! B.09DE."
Logi Nu
MrFurious

I should've looked on the Logitech support site instead of Google. My bad.

Here's the answer:

-----------

Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool in the Remote used for troubleshooting purposes. If the words "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode Requested" appear on the remote, complete the following steps:

1. Ensure the Remote is in "Safe Mode Requested" by taking out the batteries, and disconnecting the remote from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the Off button and plug the remote into the USB.
3. Continue holding down the Off button for another 10 seconds. The remote should then display the words "Safe Mode Requested".
4. With the unit in "Safe Mode Requested", re-install the firmware by clicking Support on your home page.
5. Click Firmware in the Downloads section and follow the online instructions to upgrade the firmware.
6. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click Update My Remote.
7. Insert new batteries into the remote.

NOTE: Ensure the new batteries are all the same brand.

-----------

I performed these steps, and the remote is now functioning.
Logi Nu
hartman1984

Here is what the site says about Safe Mode on your remote. Hope this helps. It took care of mine.

The words 'Safe Mode' appear on the remote. What do I do?   Detailed Description  

The words 'Safe Mode' appear on the remote. What do I do?

Answer  

Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool in the Remote used for troubleshooting purposes. If the words "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode Requested" appear on the remote, complete the following steps:

1. Ensure the Remote is in "Safe Mode Requested" by taking out the batteries, and disconnecting the remote from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the Off button and plug the remote into the USB.
3. Continue holding down the Off button for another 10 seconds. The remote should then display the words "Safe Mode Requested".
4. With the unit in "Safe Mode Requested", re-install the firmware by clicking Support on your home page.
5. Click Firmware in the Downloads section and follow the online instructions to upgrade the firmware.
6. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click Update My Remote.
7. Insert new batteries into the remote.

NOTE: Ensure the new batteries are all the same brand.

Logi Nu
Lahaina

This did not help with mine.  My battery died.  When I put it on the charger it booted back up to Safe Mode.  I am able to Hold down the Off button and plug the remote into the USB to get it into Safe Mode Requested but the software never sees the remote.  The remote just flashes from black to the blue Safe Mode Requested screen over and over.  Please help.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Try a different cable, also be sure you are plugged directly into a USB port on your PC and not into a USB hub.