Logi Browser
aseer

Harmony 890 LCD screen dead

I have a few Harmony 890's.  One seems to have a dead LCD screen, it goes blank (sometimes the screen comes back but most of the time it is blank).  It still controls devices but without the LCD it is pretty useless (and out of warranty).  Does anyone have any recommendations? (it has updated fw, I tried swapping in a battery from my other 890's, nothing seemed to help)
Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Harmony 890 LCD screen dead

That problem has been ongoing with the 890s with no known fix, contact Harmony support
Logi Browser
aseer

Will do, I'll post once I get a resolution.

Thanks. 

Logi Browser
aseer

So no joy.  Support said it would not be repaired and that I would be offered a discount off of MSRP if I want to buy a new Harmony (which is pretty much what I could get elsewhere except for the pending 900).  Buying another does not appeal to me (even though I own 2 others).   I had hoped they could fix it (I would have paid for a repair).  From reponses on other forums it does seem like a relatively common problem.

Dissappointed.

Logi Nu
Piter

I don't know if it's the same issue:

In my case the backlight is off, but the display is still working if you look it under the light.

Logi Nu
lszablya

This issue has been identified in a couple of other forums.  I read that the display LCD was dead and that it needed replacing.  I ordered a new screen on ebay, just search on LCD SCREEN FOR Logitech Harmony 880 ,890 REMOTECONTROL the part number is 141192-0000 (I think)  it was under $27 and was shipped promptly.  Easy fix.  Two screws and six tabs to pry apart carefully to remove the back.  Two screws to remove the motherboard.  Carefully remove the daughterboard (be careful the motion sensor on mine was glued and the top popped off.  It was a bear finding the mini gold ball that is inside the sensor after it fell on the floor.

The LCD connector's dark piece pulls straight up and then slide out the flat cable.

Easy, quick fix.