Logi Nu
oghebrial

Harmony 900 RF Blaster

Hi,

I recently replaced my 890 remote (died on me) with a harmony 900 remote.  The RF blaster which came with the 900 included the RF blaster + 2 IR mini blasters where the old 890 remote included 4 IR extenders.  Is it possible to expand the RF blaster system to more than 2 mini blasters as I have equipment which is located in 4 different closed compartments within the same entertainment cabinet? or is adding a second RF blaster system my only choice?

Thanks.

Logi Visitor
Victor-1100

Re: Harmony 900 RF Blaster

The RF extender that comes with the H900 has only two ports to connect IR blasters, while the extender I have bought separately for my H1100 has four. So unless you want to try what happens if you connect two blasters in parallel on one port (which will surely void your warranty) you will need another extender.

Logi Journeyman

i've expanded my single 900 rf blaster to handle 4 different outputs: 2 mini blasters and 2 direct in lines to the back of other equipments. I did it using a y-adaptor purchased at my local electronics store. I've seen them online as well.

Presumably you can use 2 additional mini blasters using the y-adaptors, but I haven't tried it.

randy c
s. california, usa
your source for harmony remote favorites icons: www.iconharmony.com!
follow harmony icon updates and av news at: twitter & facebook!

Please click on the "Accept as Solution" if you have resolved your issue.
Logi Nu
oghebrial

Thank you very much for this suggestion.  I believe that this will work for me as well.  do you happen to have a part number or spec of the Y adaptor?