Logi Nu
norcalben
Accepted Solution

Harmony 900, Roku XD, and IR Repeater

Support Community,

I'm hopeful somebody out there has a similar issue or has had this issue and can help with a solution.

Here is my equipment and set-up:

Samsung UN55C7000 Series 3D LED TV (purchased in the last year)

Denon AVR 3311CI

Motorola DCX-3200 Cable/DVR box

Roku XD

Harmony 900

All of my components are in a media cabinet and connected via HDMI wiht the exception of the TV of course.  Currently, the Harmony 900 controls the TV, cable box, Denon with no issues whatsoever.  The IR repeater/blaster works very well given that all the discrete components are out of sight.  

The problem is with the Roku box.  I've successfully added that device to my Harmony 900 list of devices and activities.  I also paired the Harmony remote and the Roku remote and taught the 900 the codes.  

Issues:

1.  When I have the media cabinet doors open and point the Harmony 900 at the Roku box directly, the commands work and I'm able to control the Roku device without issue.  

2.  When I have the media cabinet doors closed, the Harmony 900 still controls all the other components without issue, but none of the Roku commands work.  In other words, I can still control volume, change TV or AVR inputs, etc... 

3.  Even more complex and I'll try and explain clearly:  When I open the cabinet doors and initiate any commands on the Harmony 900 (volume up or down, channel changes, input changes, etc... for the AVR, TV or Cable box) I can see the "activity" light on the IR Repeater base flashing to show that the commands are being acted upon (and the commands do in fact happen).  However, when I initiate any commands on the Harmony 900 that are focused on the Roku Box (home, right arrow, left arroe, back, select, etc...) the IR blaster/repeater box does not flash or show that any activity is happening.  

Net net, if I point the Harmony 900 directly at the Roku box the thing works fine, but only when I have line of site.  More odd, the Harmony 900 is able to control the Roku box, but it does not cause any "activity" indicators on the IR repeater/blaster base to occur.  

FYI - I spoke with Roku support and they told me that their box does not work with universal remotes.  That is clearly not the case and I'm not convinced their customer support had a clue what I was talking about.  

Lastly - it appears from other message threads that many people are able to operate their Roku box with their Harmony without issue.  It is unclear if those people are using an IR repeater or not.  

Thanks in advnace for any thoughts/help. 

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Harmony 900, Roku XD, and IR Repeater

It sounds like you did not set the Roku to be controlled by the Blaster. This is done on the 900 at Options, RF System Settings, Device Assignment
Logi Nu
norcalben

That worked!  Thank you very much.  It is interesting that the RF Assignment options are not something you can configure in the actual Logitech app where you set up devices, etc.  I was not even aware that was an option on the actual remote.

bt

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Good to hear that you have it working.  Once you added your Devices and created your Activities, and you Updated your remote the first time, the remote should have taken you to that option to configure your devices to be controlled by either the remote or the Blaster.