Logi Nu
DaBoz

Harmony One Factory Reset

Can someone please tell me how to reset my Harmony One back to factory defaults.  Thanks.
Logi Guru
jdbower

Re: Harmony One Factory Reset

It depends on your goal. If you want to wipe out your configuration you can either create a new account or delete all your Devices and Activities.

If you want to wipe out the remote but keep your online configuration you can remove the battery and reinstall it while holding down the Power button.

Are you a WannabeFAQreader?
Logi Guru
listener

@jdbower:

Are you sure that putting the remote in safe mode is already wiping out the configuration? I've to to admit that I never tried it the way you've described it, but I think you have to reload the firmware (but not your settings) after putting the remote in safe mode, to wipe it clean.

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Guru
jdbower

That's an interesting question. I had assumed that it scrambles the firmware and configuration information and boots off a BIOS-like entity, but it's feasible that the data is still there but simply hidden (like marking a file as deleted instead of overwriting the bytes of the file). When I manually update the firmware on the remote it prompts me to update the configuration as well, but I'm uncertain whether if I neglect to do so if the remote still has a configuration on it. Nor have I ever had to do a safe mode reboot.

Either way, uploading the configuration file seems tantamount to uninstalling and reinstalling an application on a PC. Upgrading the firmware seems comparable to reinstalling a fresh operating system (only a lot less time consuming, of course!).

Are you a WannabeFAQreader?
Logi Guru
listener

Well,

I had to do one update a while ago, in safe mode, but I followed the whole procedure till the end, as I wanted a working remote again, and not a clean wiped one. But I'm sure it is like you stated, reinstalling the firmware is like installing a fresh OS. And that's the state the OP wants.

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

I don't see how "factory defaults" refers to a Harmony.
Delete all Activities and Devices, update, and it's the way it was when you bought it.
Logi Legend II
rhachey

[ Edited ]
On my 880 I just tried removing the battery and replacing it while holding down the power button, and after restarting I still had the same program loaded in my remote the only difference was that the clock was wrong. I also just tried to update the firmware while in safe mode, and after the firmware was updated and I did not Update the remote after the firmware was updated, I still had the same configuration installed on my remote only the time was off. the only two ways to erace the remote is to either create a new account and update the remote with no devices installed or, remove all Activities and then remove all Devices.

Message Edited by rehaz1 on 08-07-2008 05:27 PM
Logi Guru
listener

Hi rehaz1,

thanks for figuring that out. Despite it's opposite to what I thought before, it's good to know. I would have done the test for myself, but I'm not at home right now. Thanks again.

Greetings

listener