08-24-2010 09:06 AM
Chalk up another Harmony One with a blank (white) screen.
I've tried all of the suggestions, taking the battery out, new firmware, safe mode, nothing.
This is very obviously a hardware problem because if I take the remote and very gently twist it (like you would ring out a towel) the screen comes back perfectly.
I'm a couple months out of warranty and Logitech technical support says there is nothing they can do for me other than offer me a 50% offer coupon to buy another brick. Due to the large number of complaints on this specific issue in this forum and others, to me it is starting to sound like at the very least BBB time. This is a known problem (happening just after the warranty period) and Logitech is not willing to own up. Ashame too, because I used to view Logitech as a good company.
09-28-2010 12:39 PM
Please add me to teh club.... have upgraded firmware did everything no result. Though I have provided PD number M/N in my original request/s to Logitech they keep asking it again. I am not sure why they are not recalling the product..it's not something inexpensive to let go in less than one year.
10-05-2010 11:55 AM
Mine did this yesterday, and I did what the poster above menioned - gently twisted the case, and it came back on. So this is obviously a hardware problem. Mine is still in warranty so we'll see what they say since it is temporarily working. An obviously defective product.
11-01-2010 04:41 PM - edited 11-01-2010 04:43 PM
After reading all the posts I can conclude several things.
1. This is by far one of the best (as in most usefull and functional) remotes out there.
2. This is by far NOT one of the best (as many issues and deffects) remotes out there.
3. There are numerous Battery Issues. I experienced a very bloated battery which I had to pay big bucks to replace. Note that this battery was dangerous and should have actually been recalled and logitech is setting themselves up for some lawsuits when there is a fire (note I said when and not IF there is a fire. The battery I had had bloated to twice the depth of the battery and it had to be removed with a pair of pliers.
4. There are Blank Screen Issues. After several months of working great with the new expensive battery my unit like many others now gets the blank screen. I was able to resolve the issue several times but now cannot seem to fix it. Either it is a software issue or there are bad components on the board, cold solder joints perhaps, which just shows the poor quality of this unit. I would guess this is the issue as the problem would quickly be fixed if it was a software or firmware issue.
5. Its obvious that Logitech doesn't give a horses ends droppings about its customers. My unit was just out of warranty and no help. Like eveyone else they offer a discount on a new unit. I saw what the wholesale pricing is on these and I note that they still make money on the discounted units.
I am guessing whith everything that is going on that the upper powers have no understanding of what is happening or if they do that they just don't care about its customers. Like several of the peoples posts I use to recommend this unit or similar Logitech Units but enough is enough. Logitech has just lost me as a customer.
11-06-2010 03:55 PM
I've owned the harmony 900 for 4 days and already have had 3 white screens. Need to take the battery out to reboot.
Does anyone at Logitech pay attention to the quality of the products? I get the impression bean counters are driving them to make cheap products that save a dollar up front, but cost us in terms of reliability.
Really too bad. They will pay with their reputation in the long run.
08-14-2011 07:15 PM
Add me to that list...... sat down to watch TV picked up the remote and whammo "white screen of death". Of course its out of waranty and the only option logitech gave me was to purchase another one. I think the BBB option might be a good idea.
09-10-2011 06:41 PM
I have had my Harmony One Remote for about 2 years and I have just received the infamous "White Screen of Death" . I was updating the remote when the white screen appeared. Has anyone had any success in fixing this problem? I have tried updating software and firmware with no success.
10-01-2011 06:16 PM
So I guess I'm one of the new members of the out of warranty white screen club. After removing and replacing the battery more times than I can count and finally got the firmware to update in safe mode with no new results I was hoping to find some one out there with the answer or a recommendation of what to replace this brick with.
10-03-2011 03:10 AM
Another "one" with the white screen of death. It's had white lines on the top 3rd of the screen for about a year now, which I could live with. Just noticed the battery looks about to explode too. These problem means it's destined for the bin.
10-03-2011 01:03 PM
Please, if you get a swollen battery please contact Harmony Customer support in some way so we can try and resolve this for you.
Logitech Support Specialist
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.