Logi Nu
Lexxi

Harmony One, Win 7 Media Center, & eHome IR Receiver (or compatible)

[ Edited ]

I am sure that this question has been asked and answered many times. However, I am unable to find the answer :smileyhappy:.

I own a Harmony One remote. I also recently set up an HTPC running Windows 7 Media Center. I would like to be able to control my HTPC with my Harmony remote. Can anyone recommend an IR receiver that will work with my Harmony One and is also eHome compatible.

I have looked around and found items such as this:

http://www.amazon.com/Adesso-ARC-1100-Remote-control-infrared/dp/B000XVNJRM

However, upon further research, it seems that this is not an approved Media Center remote so it might not work correctly. I looked at that one because it comes with the IR receiver which is all that I need.

Please help.

-Lexi

Logi Nu
Lexxi

Re: Harmony One, Win 7 Media Center, & eHome IR Receiver (or compatible)

Anyone?

Logi Nu
H720

I use a genuine Microsoft RC6 IR receiver, model 1039, purchased from eBay. It came with 2 IR blasters, wireless keyboard and the remote, which can be used to teach commands to your Harmony (I didn't need to). In the Harmony database I chose Microsoft MCE-1039 and everything works fine (apart from a double key press issue I had with the iMon receiver in my Antec Fusion case - see my thread at http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes-General/Double-key-presses-in-Windows-7-Media-Center/t... for how I fixed that).

Logi Nu
tacy27

do you have to have a remote for your windows media center in order for the harmony one to work?  Is there a way to get around not having a remote for that and still be able to set up controlling windows media center with harmony one?