Logi Nu
Benner

Re: Harmony One, Xfinity PX001ANM Cable Box

Just FYI, when you have paused or used rewind you are automatically entered into DVR mode.  To go to live tv, simply use your EXIT button (may need to press twice).  This is the same as previously using Live TV on the remote.

Logi Nu
jersey_steve

Has anyone had any luck setting up a 30 second skip forward yet?

Logi Nu
stingraythree

the page up button (pg) is set by default to skip ahead 5 minutes. you can reprogram the box itself so that a page up command will instead skip ahead 30 seconds. from the xfinity xr2 remote, press "Exit" button 3 times, the press "0030".

then try the xfinity xr2 remote, start playing a recording, press "pg up" button. it should now skip 30 seconds. you can then go into your harmony remote and customize your settings for the PVR. assign "PageUp" function to "Skip Forward" button. 

Logi Browser
Lyons00

Re: Harmony One, case PX001ANM Cable Box

If I may ask, where did you find this information?  It would be nice to know, just in case there is something else to learn.

Thanks, Jerry

Logi Nu
jjohnn11

[ Edited ]

I just switched to the new Xfinity Pace PX001ANM Cable Box. The skip forward/Commercial_Skip button worked on the Motorola DVR that I recently swapped out. Too bad I have spent several hours.. like about 6 trying to get this wonderful feature to work without success.

Skip forward/Commercial_Skip, is one of the strongest selling points of the Harmony remotes. It seems to me that knowing that this feature/button is very inportant to many TV watchers around the world, Logitech would make it a default button on every single Harmony remote.
This gives me reason to suspect that Logitech has been paid off by the Television industry NOT to have the SkipForward/CommercialSkip button automatically working on every single Harmony Remote as without Commercials the TV industry as we know it would collapse

I already followed the instructions to create Command Sequence here and it did not work.

Any instructions on how to get the Skip Forward button to work properly would be greatly appreciated. 

John

Logi Nu
jjohnn11

i pressed the "exit" botton on the XR2 and nothing happened. is there something other than simply pressing the "exit" button thatneeds to be done to be able to adjust the time that the "page up" button skips forward?

Logi Nu
Giloz

[ Edited ]

I hope this helps and it is not too late for people but new comers will find the following information useful. In order for me to fully integrate my Harmony one and my beautiful brand new cable box, I had to set the device to turn the RF to Off since the harmony one is an infrared remote control and not RF. Here is how to un-pair the original remote control, by doing this, you will disable the RF function and will only use infrared signals making it fully compatible with the Harmony one: 1. Press and hold the Setup button for 3 seconds until the All Power button changes from red to green. 2. Enter 9-8-7 on the remote control. 3. The All Power button will blink green twice. The remote control will now be un-paired and you can start enjoying your Harmony one! This is how it worked for me and a couple of my friends, I hope this also works for everybody. Please pardon my poor English. Sincerely, Giloz "Totatiche"

P. S.

I forgot to say that the new XR2 xfinity comcast is both infrared and RF remote control, if you put this inside a cabinet or somewhere without directline, infrared will not work. That is why RF is necessary.

Thanks.

Logi Nu
cpickslay

I can confim that the Exit 3 times, then 0030 changes the skipping behavior to 30 seconds. It also seems to reprogram the page down button to go back 15 seconds. There's no confirmation on screen--it looks like you're searching for "0030"--but it works. Thanks @stingraythree! Where did you find this info?

Logi Nu
Pete2323

I tried everything mentioned in this thread.  I got the box set up as PVR in my set up.  Unfortunately, when I go to use the remote I need to hold the command button I want to engage for about 6 seconds before a response from the box.  Any advice would be much appreciataed. 

I even tried unpairing my XR2 remote as mentioned above and this did not help the situation at all.

Logi Nu
PBongi

Yes this worked perfectly