Logi Nu
cal82

Re: Harmony One and ROKU XDS

OK, I have the Roku XDS all set up and programmed Roku "home" to be Harmony "Menu" and Roku "back" to be Harmony "exit." Now I want the Harmony screen to give me Roku Channel options like Netflix and Pandora.

My iPhone DVPRemote app can go directly to channels. How do I make my Harmony do that?

I've seen some forum posts about programming a bunch of "back" then "right" commands, but that's going to break as soon as you add a channel.

How does the iPhone app do it?

Logi Browser
jerrydf

My Roku problem is I was using this remote primarily to control my Directv unit. Now I add a Roku unit and set up an activity for it but when it turns on the button definitions default to those of the Directv remote and I have to press Devices and then Roku DVD in order to get the correct buttons. I have gone through the activity setup menus several times but I cannot find how to have the Roku activity default to the Roku remote buttons. Your help is appreciated.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Delete that Activity, then create a New Roki Activity, and this time select the second option to create the Activity manually

Logi Rook
schlumpf

Since I had trouble with setting up a Roku XDS on a new Harmony One remote and this is the first google hit, here is what worked for me, all spelled out.

Add a device under the DVD menu, manufacturer Roku, type in XDS for model.

Add an activity using the manual activity option. Choose utility from the menu and then generic activity which uses the TV, (receiver if applicable) and Roku. Save it, even though at this point the buttons won't be mapped.

Select the generic activity and hit the settings option. One of the options should be to rename it so you can call it Watch Roku (or whatever you want to call it).

Then go back to the activity and hit customize buttons. You should now be able to map the 12 buttons of the XDS remote to the logical equivalents on the Harmony one. The way that you do this is choose the button on the Harmony One, e.g. "left", then choose DVD2 or whichever DVD slot you have the Roku in from the device pulldown. Then choose the proper command from the command pulldown, in this case "DirectionLeft". Likewise choose Select for the OK button, and so on. Set the volume commands to the TV so you can control your TV's volume while you watch (if you are using a receiver for your audio then you should choose the receiver for the audio commands). Make sure you hit the Done button to save your changes or you will have to enter them all in again.

Then of course update your remote through the USB cable and you should be good to go to control your Roku player with your Harmony One remote. Hope this helps.

Logi Nu
penquist

AWESOME message - thanks so much.  I now have my Roku box working on the Harmony One.  Except for one thing :smileymad:   I can't control the volume???  My Harmony One controls the volume for the cable thru my stereo receiver.  Roku is NOT hooked up thru the receiver so I need the TV speakers.  Harmony turns off the receiver but is not controlling the TV volume - I still have to use the Panasonic remote???  What am I missing?

Thanks, Peggy

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Go to your Roku Activity, select Customoize Buttons, and map the TV to the Volume buttons.

Logi Nu
penquist

Thanks, I will try that after it sinks in how to do it.  I can't believe how this goes over my head when I'm pretty competent on other computer issues :smileysad:

Logi Nu
penquist

Worked perfectly!  Listening to Pandora now :smileyhappy:

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Sometimes we can't see the forest because of the trees.

Logi Master II
barkeater

cut them down :smileyhappy:

Sony Bravia KDL32S3000 HDTV | Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K AVR | Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S390 BD | Harmony 700| Logitech Squeezbox Classic| Squeezebox Radio