Logi Nu
Haukur

Harmony One cannot control Amino Aminet A140 IPTV STB

Hi everyone.

I just recently got a new IPTV STB, the Amino Aminet A140.  Have two of them actually.  I went ahead and added it to my Harmony One remote control, but to my surprise it would not respond at all to the remote.  I did find it in the Harmony database though.

Here are some facts and what I have tried so far:

• I went through the confirm IR command wizard and got a "better" set of remote codes.  Still nothing
  • I went through the "Learn IR codes" wizard and basically learned all the codes from the original remote.  Still nothing.
  • The original remote does work and the STB correctly responds to it.
  • I've gone through all the troubleshooting options I can find in the Harmony software, including the one that allows you to change a certain setting from 0 to 5 (Repeat count perhaps?).  I've tried all possible values, from 0 to 5.  Still won't work.
  • Weird thing is that maybe in 1 out of 30 keypresses, the Info button will do something.  That's the only button that has responded at all.
Here's another weird thing:  I've got a USB-UIRT device attached to a computer and by using the EventGhost utility, I can see what IR codes are being received by the USB-UIRT device.  I carefully compared the codes sent by the original Amino remote to the ones sent by my Harmony and according to this the codes are the exact same!
I do have two Amino A140 boxes and both of them behave in this same way, I doubt they are both faulty.
So now I'm pretty much stumped.  Even though the codes sent by the Harmony v.s the original remote seem identical, the boxes don't respond at all to the Harmony.  What could possibly be happening here?  I've searched Google for known problems with Harmony remotes + Amino STBs and cannot find anything.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Logi Nu
skQdtac6

Re: Harmony One cannot control Amino Aminet A140 IPTV STB

I have the exact same problem. I have Harmony one and a Amino A140. Only codes that the amino responds to are "3" , "4", "5" and "info". Occasionally it responds to "channel up" button , but that happens after lots of presses.

I had the same problem once when I was programming Harmony 600, but I managed to fix it by learning the commands "raw" and I carefully pressed each button on the original remote so it would´nt repeat the button press. That worked, and I tried it with the harmony one without any luck. I have tried everything that Haukur did also!

Logi Nu
Haukur

Hi,

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one having this issue.  Hopefully the Logitech support gurus have something up their sleeves .... having TWO remotes in my living room just **bleep**  :smileywink:

Logi Nu
Kristinn Mar

Same problem here, have the Amino A140 and Harmony One. Tried learning the commands and only buttons 3,4 and 5 work :-(