Logi Nu
JanArrah
Accepted Solution

Harmony Remotes not Detected

Got a brand new Harmony Touch for Christmas. I've had the Harmony 700 and love it. I figured it'd be easy to just change out the remotes, after all there is a button to do it and everything.

The problem is the software cannot find the Harmony Touch. I've tried on Myharmony.com and the 7.7.0 software on my computer. I've tried resetting the remote. I've tried multiple Micro USB cords, all with the same issue. I've restarted my computer and done a cold restart. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. But the program refuses to find the Harmony Touch. I've even tried other computers and every USB in my computer.

On top of that, now my Harmony 700 is having the same issue! I cannot figure out how to fix it. Anybody have any suggestions that I may have missed?

Logi Guru II
Quin_at_HRR

Re: Harmony Remotes not Detected

Since this is happening on both remotes now, it looks like it may be related to your local environment or possibily even an issue on the Logitech server side. Often, they have problems on Christmas due to the high-connection volume. Try shutting down your computer again, restarting and, if you originally connected and configured your 700 with 7.7.0, then try using the old software again. Also, pull the battery, wait 30 seconds and then reinstall in the 700 before USB connecting. Let us know if there is any change
Logi Nu
JanArrah

[ Edited ]

Yup that worked for the old one. It's updating now. I'll have to see if I can get the Harmony Touch to work.

Yeah it's still not finding the new one. Dunno how that can be a server issue. It is saying the Harmony Touch isn't even plugged into the computer.

Logi Guru II
Quin_at_HRR

There is a handshake that needs to occur both at the OS level and at the application level for communication to be successful. Again, shut down the computer and do not allow the Harmony App to run in the background. Reset the Touch to Factory default by pressing and holding the Menu and Off buttons at the same time until you see the circular arrow. Then try to connect.
Logi Nu
JanArrah

It's working perfectly now. Thanks