Logi Nu
bamibam
Accepted Solution

Harmony-one screen repair

My harmony-one screen cracked. It works fine and I can still use the touch features on the screen, but I cannot make-out what's on the screen because of the crack on it. Can this be repaired, and if so, where can I send it to be fixed?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Harmony-one screen repair

You need to contact Harmony support
Logi Nu
yellowattack

I also got a crack in the harmony one screen. Logitech support toled me they do only warrenty repairs. They made me an offer to bay a new one. Well we are lifeing in a throwaway society. instead to replace a small part you have to throw away the whole remote and go and get a new one.
Logi Nu
bamibam

Logitech sold me another harmony one remote for 50% off. I got $62 on ebay (see pictures) for the cracked remote. 
Logi Nu
KenHoover

My Harmony one has a cracked screen too now but when I called Logitech they said they couldn't help me and they didn't sell refurbished ones.  Do you have an email address or something for someone I could contact?

- Ken 

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Welcome to the forum.

I'd start by getting it in writing with an E-mail to Logitech Support from the message page at the end of the general Troubleshoot. 

Logi Nu
KenHoover

As I said in my post, I already called Logitech Support and, after 20 minutes on hold, I was politely but firmly told that they couldn't do anything for me because my remote was more than 90 days old (7 months today) and that they didn't sell refurbished remotes.  

Because someone in this thread clearly had the exact same problem but got a different answer when they asked for help, I am interested in what the poster above mine did (grovel? send cookies?  flowers?) before I concede and lay out two hundred bucks.

Cheers

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

The only 90 day restriction is on telephone support.

That's why I recommended that you put it in writing by e-mail.

Harmonys are warranted for two years.

To what extent this applies in your case may depend on how the damage was incurred.

Try again with an e-mail and let us know if you need further assistance.

H H

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

1 year warranty in the US

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Nu
bamibam

A couple of days before you posted I deleted my Logitech emails from my yahoo account.  I don’t think I can retrieve them. Basically, I emailed them and was told that they don’t repair cracked screens but they offered to sell me another remote for 50% off ($125 + tax). I called the phone number in their email message and was able to order the new remote, no cookies, flowers, or groveling.

When I sold the damaged remote on eBay, a potential buyer wrote me and said that he called Logitech to ask if they fix cracked screens, he said Logitech said no but they offered to sell him one at haft price.  He was able to purchase a new remote at haft price by just inquiring.
My guess is that Logitech got too many of these calls and they just cancel that policy.

Ismael