Logi Nu
Bart69

Harmony one with playstation 3 adapter is not working. Please help !!!!

Hi All,

Today I received my logitech harmony adapter for the Playstation 3. I manage to register the adapter as a BD remote control. But when I try to control the PS 3 with my Harmony nothing happens.

I have one of the first PS 3 models (Dutch 60 GB version). I hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks a lot in advance, Kind regards,

Bart Janisse

Logi Browser
pitnyelder

Re: Harmony one with playstation 3 adapter is not working. Please help !!!!

I'm having the same problem... I have a post below.

I also registered my adapter just fine, but the remote won't operate the PS3 in any fashion. The Harmony software on my PC also tells me that the remote "cannot operate the following components: Sony Playstation 3."

I have an older 40GB US PS3. Logitech Harmony software is v7.6.0. I think the software might be out of date, I'm going to attempt to update it tonight.

Any help deeply appreciated.

Logi Nu
Bart69

Yes I have it working now.

I removed the PS 3 from my devices an added a new one. After this I configured my activities again.....and it works...

Great..

Regards,

Bart Janisse

Logi Legend II
rhachey

7.6 is the latest software version.

Logi Browser
pitnyelder

If the latest version is indeed 7.6.0, then I don't have any options left. I have deleted the PS3 as a device, deleted all activities related to it, and re-added the PS3 and activities just as described here. The software still tells me that the software cannot control the PS3.

Guess it goes back to Amazon for a refund.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

ve you tried ignoring the statement and gone on to try and use the PS3.  Sometimes devices are add such as an AVR that has a docking station for an Ipod, and you will get that warning that the AVR can not be controlled, but all it means that it cannot contriol the Ipod docking station

Logi Browser
pitnyelder

I have tried operating the PS3, and nothing happens. I'm going to mess with it just a bit tonight, probably deleting the PS3 as a device and re-adding it yet again, but I've already wasted enough time on something that should have been easy. Very frustrated at this point.

Logi Journeyman
TJK

[ Edited ]

pitnyelder

The message that you cannot control the PS3 is outdated and should have been removed from the harmony software when Logitech released the ps3 adapter.  Why that simple change to alleviate users confusion and frustration couldn't have been made is beyond my comprehension.

Sounds like you have paired it correctly with the ps3 and have added it appropriately in the harmony software setup. 

Once you do your last remove and replace of the ps3 adapter and activities, try to see if it responds and operates the ps3 in device mode; try to power on/off, etc..  If that doesn't work and you believe you have good line of sight between your remote and the adapter, then it sounds like something is faulty with the adapter; assuming the remote controls everything else appropriately.  Also, just to be sure, you do have the adapter plugged into a always on power source correct? 

Actually the setup for this device is actually quite simple, so you shouldn't be having this much problem.

Media Room
Sharp LC-65D64U, Mot DCH3416, Sony PS3 w/Harmony PS3 adapter, WDTV Live SMP, Yamaha RX-V1800, Harmony 1100 w/wireless ext.

Living Room
Mits WD-62628 DLP, Mot DCH3416, Sony PS3 w/Harmony PS3 adapter, WDTV Live SMP, Yamaha RX-V2500, Harmony 1100 w/wireless ext.

Logi Browser
pitnyelder

The adapter is always on, yes.

I created another new account with the Harmony software, and I also updated the firmware on the remote. The remote finally completed an update cycle after this, so I was encouraged.

Yeah, about that. The remote still will not control the PS3 in any way, either in activity or device mode. LOS is not a problem. Either I have a faulty adapter, or the adapter and my PS3 refuse to play together.

That's $50 wasted. Back to the NYKO it is.

Logi Nu
darrensen

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I have this problem with the new Slim 160gb PS3.

It syncs with the adaptor but the remote cant control it. Can anyone help please?

I've tried removing the PS3 and re adding it, but that hasn't worked.

Thanks

Darren

EDIT - firmware and software up to date