Logi Nu
Chadtoolio

How do I take a screenshot of the sequence page of the settings.

I have an 890 remote with the software loaded on my laptop and want to share a sequence that I worked on.  I want to just take a screenshot of the steps and paste in on screen for everyone.  Is there anyway to do this.

Thanks,  Chad

Logi Journeyman
TJK

Re: How do I take a screenshot of the sequence page of the settings.

[ Edited ]

Easiest way is to hit the "print screen" button on the upper right of your keyboard and then past the image into a picture editing program like MS paint which comes with the windows operating system.  You can even press Alt and the print screen button to just capture the image of the active program - which would be the logitech program wiht the sequences that you want showing.

Don't know what system you're using or what programs you have, but the above works on a basic windows system w/out any 3rd party picture editing programs.

Message Edited by TJK on 12-28-2008 09:35 AM

Media Room
Sharp LC-65D64U, Mot DCH3416, Sony PS3 w/Harmony PS3 adapter, WDTV Live SMP, Yamaha RX-V1800, Harmony 1100 w/wireless ext.

Living Room
Mits WD-62628 DLP, Mot DCH3416, Sony PS3 w/Harmony PS3 adapter, WDTV Live SMP, Yamaha RX-V2500, Harmony 1100 w/wireless ext.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

It's usually "Ctrl" and "PrtScr" together.
Logi Guru
bevhoward

when you are in the window with the sequence showing, press <Alt-PrtScr>

Then open any image editor and when you "paste" the image pasted will be an image copy of the current window when you pressed <Alt-PrtScr>

FWIW, this is an open request to logitech to provide a remote "layout dump" for a year or so with no response... having one would make it much easier to maintain a remote's setup, especially when more than one remote is being used.

In pursuit of this need, I have found that, in the end, it is easier to simply transcribe the screens to something that you are comfortable working with... in my case, html pages using html tables to document activities and screens within activities.

Using the web interface, you _can_ copy some of the screens to paste into simple html files... take a look at this page for an example of the "manual approach"

hth,

Beverly Howard 

Logi Journeyman
TJK

hhatkin,

cntl + "print screen" and just "print screen" do the same thing in my computer - and that is it captures the whole desk top.

Alt +  "print screen" just captures the active application.

Media Room
Sharp LC-65D64U, Mot DCH3416, Sony PS3 w/Harmony PS3 adapter, WDTV Live SMP, Yamaha RX-V1800, Harmony 1100 w/wireless ext.

Living Room
Mits WD-62628 DLP, Mot DCH3416, Sony PS3 w/Harmony PS3 adapter, WDTV Live SMP, Yamaha RX-V2500, Harmony 1100 w/wireless ext.