Logi Nu
Ladue54

How to Create a Second Account???

I have two Harmony 900 Remotes.  I assume I need to create two separate accounts.  I created one account using my email address.  When I go to create a new (second) account, it asks me for my email address, BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE EMAIL ADDRESS.

So how do I create a second account if I only have one email address?

Thank you.

Logi Master II
dennisu

Re: How to Create a Second Account???

Ladue54

You don't need a second email account as the login is anything that has an @ symbol in it such that myremote@home.com would suffice.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

I have 2 900 accounts, and I had no problem creating 2 separate accounts using the same e-mail address, you just need a different log on ID

Logi Visitor
wayner9

Why can't Logitech enhance their website/software to allow you to control many devices with one login ID?  I have about 5 Harmony remotes and it is a pain in the butt to have to keep track of the different IDs.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

I have 14 Harmony accounts, and each User ID contains the remote model # such as 900 and the room where the equipment is located such as 880_MBR

Logi Nu
Ladue54

I am still confused.  When I go to "Create New Account" it asks for my email address.  I only have one email address.  When I type in that address I am directed to the account I originally set up for my first (of two) 900 remotes.

So my question is, how do I create a second account if i only have one email address?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

You don't really need a real email address, just do as dennisu stated you can use abcd@xyz.com will work.  You never need the email address to access your account, once you establish a user ID and password.  And as I stated earlier, all 14 of my accounts use the same email address so there should have not been a problem. Are you trying to create a new account, using the Harmony software? Just for the heck of it I created another 900 Account using my same email address, and I did not have a problem.  Start the Harmony software, and when you get to the logon screen select Create a New Account and go from there.  If you are still having a problem, then you need to contact Harmony Support.

Logi Nu
cmaronmurphy

The fact is that creating a second account is just plain nonsense, regardless of how clever you get with the naming conventions.  What bothers me most is that Logitech does not seem to be addressing the obvious fact that customers these days have multiple a/v systems.  Either myharmony.com or the latest Logitech Harmony remote software should have this capability.  It shouldn't take a forum search/entry to uncover this fact or that one has to cleverly interpret that email address doesn't really mean your actual email.  These are truly well designed products at reasonable price points.  Throwing hurdles in the way of a consumer buying additional products for their homes is just poor market research and poor customer service.